ADVERTISEMENT

"They paid us $1.5 million; they got 1.6 rushing yds per carry"

tyler90wm

Blue Raider Fan
Sep 18, 2010
That's a quote from Coach Stocktill who was on 104.5 The Zone today. Seems to be a change in tone compared to previous years.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
I couldn't stand Dana Holgorsen. But in the 2018 Texas game, we scored a TD and an extra point would've tied the game. He looked around smiling, said "you wanna win the game? Let's go win the game." The players loved it, scored the 2pt and won the game. I loved that. I'd love to see Stock do stuff like that.

And on that note, Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt called that game. I long for the two of them to call a MT game. BY FAR my favorite college announcing duo.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
I loved the "This was a butt kicking from the start and I ain't afraid to say it." quote from Stock during the post game. That's what we as fans want. Dang it. I want him to thump his chest about our team when we deliver. He also said what Zaylin and the D did was badass! I loved that too. "This was no fluke." Say that more Stock. If you don't like what we as fans say, prove us wrong. Fight us with wins and energy. That's what we've wanted for 16 dang years. Better late than never.

Reality will set in, and we will all be back to normal before too long, possibly Friday night. Everyone gets a fluke win, but it's what they do with it afterwards that sets them apart, IMO.

Stock will resume being the same old crap ass coach he's always been.

Reality will set in, and we will all be back to normal before too long, possibly Friday night. Everyone gets a fluke win, but it's what they do with it afterwards that sets them apart, IMO.

I'm hoping that this season will be similar to 2009, when the Blue Raiders went 10-3, because the offense is looking better than it has in a long time.

For now though….gotta believe. So much negativity (and it was earned) for so long…this week has a little panache to it…and that’s refreshing.

I’m pretty excited to home since 2019.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

When you beat a top 25 team like Miami the way we did, I gotta give Stock a pass for a bit The TSU and CSU games have to be thrown in there too. In 2019, we beat TSU but it was way closer than this year was. We may suck on Friday night but I'm not gonna bash him today.

When you beat a top 25 team like Miami the way we did, I gotta give Stock a pass for a bit The TSU and CSU games have to be thrown in there too. In 2019, we beat TSU but it was way closer than this year was. We may suck on Friday night but I'm not gonna bash him today.

Ask me at the bye.

If we are 6-1 or 5-2, I absolutely won't say a word. 4-3 and absolutely 3-4, I won't be happy as both mean heading toward a typical 7-5 or 6-6 season as I feel we will lose one late in the year we shouldn't.

If we head to the bye 6-1 or 5-2, we may be on to something special boys. Let's finish 10-2 or 9-3, play Dec 2, and win! If we win a conference champ then everyone will remember this year and Miami. If we go 6-6, no one will remember. More people remember Mich State because we did the same thing again the next year. We need to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Either way, Friday night HAS to be a win to maintain and make Miami mean anything. I want another "we whooped em".

If we beat UTSA this season will be different. They are probably going to win CUSA this year. I think everyone here wants Stock to prove us wrong. If he gets to 10 wins this season I’ll publicly apologize to Stock because I’ve been pretty vocal about his struggles. We will see soon.

Last edited:
If we beat UTSA this season will be different. They are probably going to win CUSA this year. I think everyone here wants Stock to price us wrong. If he gets to 10 wins this season I’ll publicly apologize to Stock because I’ve been pretty vocal about his struggles. We will see soon.
No reason to apologize even if he does. The man makes about 1 mill a year. He can take some well deserved criticism. If I can take the crap I do for what I make, that dude sure as hell can. If he wants to shut us up, he's gotta keep winning. Pretty simple. Like I said, I'm holding back a bit for now but I don't blame anyone else for not letting up. He makes enough for us to demand what he should be delivering. There is no other coach in all of football not held to those same standards.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT