ADVERTISEMENT

The sun came up this morning.......

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
Even if you don't take out those last two Vandy drives, the defense played well enough last nite to win (in most cases). This Blue Raider offense is better than two TD's and a field goal. That's on the coaches. You don't call a QB sneak with the stable of running backs and skill position playmakers that this team has.

Last June, Stock waived his annual $100,000 raise until 1/1/19, his base stays $721,704.14 a year, but contractually making him ours through 12/31/23.

Stock is a good man, an excellent recruiter and evaluator of talent and a solid game manager. I just hope he spends the extra $100,000 on a real FBS caliber Offensive Coordinator.

Beat WKU!!!

Good post. In the end it's just a game. Last night was a hard fought football game. Sometimes our team is going to win and sometimes lose! No need to let this ruin your weekend/week. I'm excited to watch the duo of Stockstill/James for the next few years.

I hope the team gets ready for WKU! It's gonna be a slobber knocker!

Well it's definitely ruined my weekend and maybe a day or two this week. However if, and its a big if,we beat western it can still be great season. I have been able to watch the broadcast so I don't know where the fault lies but this one hurt.

Most of our games are toss ups...unfortunately, we are 0-2 in the toss ups.

Even if we lose to WKU, we can still have a good season just gonna have to run the table. I thought we would be 3-3 after WKU, so a win next week would be huge.

We really need to figure out what the hell is wrong with our running game...with our ability to throw down the field you would think the run game would open, but Vandy flat crushed our run game last night and in turn didn't allow the big play - this is the template for beating us.

What's wrong with the run game is the fact we tried to run on BAMA, Illinois and Vandy. All 3 teams have good defenses with big run stop ability. No team in CUSA will have anything near what have faced thus far as far as defense is concerned.

Now we move on to a team without a good D. We will be able to run on them and will be able to run clock on. It will be a shootout.

To me the run game the last two weeks has been unimaginative and one dimensional. It seemed like every called run was between the tackles. I would have liked to see them even attempt a reverse, option, or a sweep.

Looking ahead, not backward. Got that team in bowling green next Saturday. I was in Tuscaloosa, and in Champaign. This is the last of the road games I will make this season, at least until post season. Hate is a little too strong word for me this week. Despise, yes. Loathe, yes. Get mad, play to win, let your frustrations out on those animal abusing, cousin kissing yahoos and don't let up.

Reactions: MidTnBlues
To me the run game the last two weeks has been unimaginative and one dimensional. It seemed like every called run was between the tackles. I would have liked to see them even attempt a reverse, option, or a sweep.
We did it a few times against Illinois. Lost yardsonce. Fumbled another. It looked like the play that Parker took a loss on in the last drive was heading outside but didn't make it.

As fast as Vandy's linebackers were, I'm not too sure that would have helped.

We needed to turn this into a shootout, but the hurricane grounded the air attack.

Reactions: AustinLewis
Probably not but the one thing that is certain is that Chester has got to get things together. Stockstill was chasing snaps all night.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
The sun came up this morning,

and buster is still our OC

#firebuster

It's ridiculous, it has happened more than once in several games this year.

Punting is an issue as well.

I punted in high school. I could honestly probably go out there and do a better job if i had any eligibility...i mean holy cow it's bad

Probably not but the one thing that is certain is that Chester has got to get things together. Stockstill was chasing snaps all night.
I wonder how much of that was playing another odd front defense? If I'm not mistaken, Alabama, Illinois, and Vanderbilt play a base odd front

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT