ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The Staff Season Picks Are In!

Going 6-6 and getting bowl eligible would be a great first year for CDM.

7-5 and I would be ecstatic.

My head would explode at 8-4 but I don’t think that is realistic with the OOC schedule and the way the weekday games fell.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I waffled on 6-6 or 7-5. I have 2-2 in OOC play, with dubs over TT and Duke. Debated about the Duke pick

Going 6-6 and getting bowl eligible would be a great first year for CDM.

7-5 and I would be ecstatic.

My head would explode at 8-4 but I don’t think that is realistic with the OOC schedule and the way the weekday games fell.
What record do you have for OOC?

What record do you have for OOC?

Ws:
Tenn Tech
LaTech (They seem to be a dumpster fire based on comments in BRPodcast)
KennesawSt (Welcome to CUSA beating)
UTEP (Long road trip - but 1.5 weeks to prepare)
NewMexicoSt (BRPodcast says ravaged by the portal? Also they are do to fall back to earth.)
FIU (I know they have a good QB, but by Nov 30 we will see the real CDM defense!!)

Ls:
Ole Miss (Killed the portal. Lost Quinshon, but did pick up a 1,000yd rusher)
Memphis (I just don't like this game)
Jacksonville (I think this is a budding rivalry, but RR has the Cocks rolling and you have the 3rd game / 14 days)
Liberty (Give CDM one FULL YEAR of HS recruiting/portaling)

Tossups:
Western Kentucky (not well versed on them - but I know I am watching their QB from last year on HardKnocks and
it can't be that easy for them to replace 3,300yards 35TDs. And MT gets them relatively early)
Duke (of course they are P5, Maalik Murphy is a Unit, but lost their HC and a proven winner QB to the portal)

How'd I do? 😁

Ws:
Tenn Tech
LaTech (They seem to be a dumpster fire based on comments in BRPodcast)
KennesawSt (Welcome to CUSA beating)
UTEP (Long road trip - but 1.5 weeks to prepare)
NewMexicoSt (BRPodcast says ravaged by the portal? Also they are do to fall back to earth.)
FIU (I know they have a good QB, but by Nov 30 we will see the real CDM defense!!)

Ls:
Ole Miss (Killed the portal. Lost Quinshon, but did pick up a 1,000yd rusher)
Memphis (I just don't like this game)
Jacksonville (I think this is a budding rivalry, but RR has the Cocks rolling and you have the 3rd game / 14 days)
Liberty (Give CDM one FULL YEAR of HS recruiting/portaling)

Tossups:
Western Kentucky (not well versed on them - but I know I am watching their QB from last year on HardKnocks and
it can't be that easy for them to replace 3,300yards 35TDs. And MT gets them relatively early)
Duke (of course they are P5, Maalik Murphy is a Unit, but lost their HC and a proven winner QB to the portal)

How'd I do? 😁
High five dude. All good calls I think.

I feel we will split LU and WKU. Moreso beat WKU as they not only have a new QB but new OC as well. Co OC anyway. I think we will lose one we shouldn't too. Fluke play, injury, off game, etc.

I use Kelly Ford Ratings a lot and his ratings model has us in 5 one possession games with a 45% chance of reaching 6 wins, being favored in 6 games.
44% chance against WKU, 56% vs UTEP. Throw in those one possession games and you can see what has me thinking we could blow a late should win game. All pre-season and will change, but I think that's about right.

Reactions: scjohnny
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT