ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The staff picks are in for the bowl game!

MT 31
SD 28
I should preface this as what my heart thinks. My head thought we would lose to Toledo last year, and my heart won. So hoping for the same for this bowl game.

I truly believe for this year to mean anything with Miami (yea they sucked but it mattered at the time) and to build momentum in to the new construction starting, we have got to win a 2nd bowl in a row. Not to mention the rebuilding the conference factor and needing to make a good showing.

Sounds a whole lot better saying "back to back bowl wins" instead of "bowl eligible the past two years". Better headlines, better emotional stance, and easier to raise $. Have a winning program and show recruits they can only make it better, instead of making us win.

I should preface this as what my heart thinks. My head thought we would lose to Toledo last year, and my heart won. So hoping for the same for this bowl game.

I truly believe for this year to mean anything with Miami (yea they sucked but it mattered at the time) and to build momentum in to the new construction starting, we have got to win a 2nd bowl in a row. Not to mention the rebuilding the conference factor and needing to make a good showing.

Sounds a whole lot better saying "back to back bowl wins" instead of "bowl eligible the past two years". Better headlines, better emotional stance, and easier to raise $. Have a winning program and show recruits they can only make it better, instead of making us win.
Playing in CUSA and a FCS gimme we should be “bowl eligible” every year. Back to back losing seasons should have been a fireable offense were it not for that stupid contract.

Playing in CUSA and a FCS gimme we should be “bowl eligible” every year. Back to back losing seasons should have been a fireable offense were it not for that stupid contract.
100% agree.
I've said before if I were AD, two losing seasons in a row and the coach would be gone. I might allow it in a first contract if the coach inherited a mess (like 2-10 mess) and improved year to year, but no way I'd allow it for years 14 and 15, Covid or not.

ADVERTISEMENT