ADVERTISEMENT

The Quran and Islam

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
Since I have never read the Quran, I would appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable about Islam could explain the 109 verses commanding hate, murder, and terror against all human beings who refuse to submit or convert to Islam. Is it just a matter of misinterpretation or could it be that Islam is not the peaceful and tolerant religion that Muslims claim it to be?

What does the Religion of Peace Teach About...

Flash, no doubt this is a political cult couched as a "religion." They have absolutely no desire to be at "peace" with anyone. In fact, they even kill each other in droves as has been witnessed in Iraq recently. I am also quite certain that we have a muslim currently residing in the White House.

BBJ, I tend to agree with you. How can the following verse from the Quran possibly promote peace and tolerance?

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Just as I predicted, the media has downplayed the muslim connections to the Oklahoma incident. Doesn't fit their PC template.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT