ADVERTISEMENT

The other site

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
For those who have been hidden under a rock MT has two active message boards. There are presently technical and personnel problems/issues over at BlueRaiderZone.com.

For years I have read and posted on both boards. I have often wondered why we have two boards when schools with much larger fan bases have only one "main" message board. I've been on MT boards since the old Delphi days and I understand that at one time there was some acrimony between some administrators/moderators/fans which caused the split into two reasonably popular boards.

I realize that some posters only post on one or the other and act as if the other does not exist. I don't know why since I find that I disagree with some posters at each place but enjoy interaction on both boards. Since I don't know any posters personally I haven't had the opportunity to have a personal conflict with fans on either board, conflicts which happen in all facets of life. Regardless, I would hope all concerned would put aside personal feelings, monetary issues, and allegiance to a host and do what is best for the Blue Raiders.

Perhaps what is best is to let one fail and for the other to make an intense effort to welcome new readers/posters. Perhaps the best for all would be for both boards to migrate together to a new format. I don't know what is best but I do know I hope to have one or more places to interact with my fellow Blue Raider fans.

I implore the GoMiddle.com administrators/moderators and all fans to do what you can to insure the longevity of MT message board(s).

This is to the best of my memory...

Back in 1997-98 there was a board on the DNJ site that many of us used. Once Rivals started (2000ish) most of us used the Rivals board. The DNJ board closed around that time too.

After a few years, Rivals filed bankruptcy and many non power schools (including MT) lost their message board so one of our fans started a board on Delphi.

Around 2003 Rivals got back on its feet and we got a Rivals board again. About the same time, Scout approached an MT fan about running a board. He turned it down, but another fan took the offer (he doesn't post on message boards or go to games anymore) and there has been two boards ever since.

Last edited:
I'll say this, as I've said it before -- as the active publisher of this site -- any and all Blue Raider fans are welcome to post and interact here. Anytime. Everyone.

I started here in 2005 under Hutton. We weren't too privy to the details of the board split, but I know there was hostility there. I'm fairly certain many of those who were involved are no longer active members of either board anymore sans a few. I know Space has issues with some of those folks, and having gotten to know Space more over the years, I understand why. That said, I think folks can coexist so long as everyone is on the same page. This is an open forum. People will be critical and people will express their opinions, both good and bad. I'm not in the business of censoring folks (I can count on one hand the number of threads I've locked down) and any expectation otherwise won't be entertained.

I never had a problem with Kellen when he ran BRZ and I certainly don't have a problem with Tim. We're birthday buddies after all. I would entertain a merger, if you will, although I'm not even sure what that would look like. At the end of the day, I've always wanted GoMiddle to be the premier community for fans to come together. And while I already view the site as that entity, any move that could be made to further solidify that would be a move I'd always consider.

I guess that's my $0.02.

I never had a problem with Kellen when he ran BRZ and I certainly don't have a problem with Tim. We're birthday buddies after all. I would entertain a merger, if you will, although I'm not even sure what that would look like. At the end of the day, I've always wanted GoMiddle to be the premier community for fans to come together. And while I already view the site as that entity, any move that could be made to further solidify that would be a move I'd always consider.

I guess that's my $0.02.
I never had an issue with Kellen when he ran BRZ either.

If I can be honest, there aren't active fans to support two message boards.

I've been a regular on the BRZ site for 5 years and checked this board consistently, but never posted. I've enjoyed the community over there and am thankful for Kellen and Tim and those that put in free and typically thankless time and effort.

I've thought it was useless to have two sites for awhile now, but continued to post over there due to familiarity and some weird sense of loyalty.

Im now switching as Tim is moving on and its just time. I'm encouraging others on the BRZ site to do the same. Its time to consolidate the fans that still post in a world of Twitter and instant news.

LETS GO BLUE.

I've been a regular on the BRZ site for 5 years and checked this board consistently, but never posted. I've enjoyed the community over there and am thankful for Kellen and Tim and those that put in free and typically thankless time and effort.

I've thought it was useless to have two sites for awhile now, but continued to post over there due to familiarity and some weird sense of loyalty.

Im now switching as Tim is moving on and its just time. I'm encouraging others on the BRZ site to do the same. Its time to consolidate the fans that still post in a world of Twitter and instant news.

LETS GO BLUE.

Welcome my Blue Raider brethren. Hopefully others will follow.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I agree there probably is not enough overall support for 2 boards; there really should be only 1 active one.

The thing I love about this group, no matter how much we may disagree with each other over a single topic, every single person here is a true MT fan.

I like the fact these boards are so civil compared to SEC boards and I love the fact we don't deal with trolls like other boards.

This really is a great place to talk sports.

BRZ officially redirecting to the CSNbbs board on 8/1. Had a great run but it looks like the end for the "other site"

If you are on BRZ at all, lets welcome people to this board as it will inevitably become the de facto forum.

If I had one request in coming over, one thing I loved about the other site was the game day fight song threads. Died off in the last few years, but I hope to get it going this year.

I'm in. I guess I was willfully under a rock all these years. I had heard a little about another site, but never sought it out. Glad to see these two sites merging though because I think we're better served with more posters and active users on one site.

So, now that I've created a Rivals account, you guys tell me... Should I pay for premium, or is the content generally as good/available with a free account?

I'm in. I guess I was willfully under a rock all these years. I had heard a little about another site, but never sought it out. Glad to see these two sites merging though because I think we're better served with more posters and active users on one site.

So, now that I've created a Rivals account, you guys tell me... Should I pay for premium, or is the content generally as good/available with a free account?

Yes pay for it. First it supports the operators of this sight and you get content that others don’t get.

Reactions: C-Bow

We certainly appreciate our premium subscribers. Obviously things are a little slow right now, but if you're into recruiting and everything that goes into it, we do a great job of keeping tabs on what is going on in those worlds. Basketball info became so much better over the last couple of years, and I feel that in time we'll be able to keep that high level of information flowing with the new staff in place. Football has always been our bread and butter. Between Austin, myself and the other guys, we all have plenty of contacts that keep us in the loop on what/who to look at.

Give us a try - you won't be disappointed! Always cool though too that when you go premium you gain access to articles from across the entire Rivals network. So if you have other teams you follow you can keep up with what's going on there, too.

Reactions: lightningsig
I'm going old school - http://forums.delphiforums.com/mtraiders?gid=2117296818

In the mid 2000s, I spent a month developing a front end and an opensource php type messageboard that closely resembled the "then" gomeangreen.com site. I had it running on a test environment ready to launch on some hosting service. I never went live as Rivals got on track and the BRZ board started up.

I do think that message boards still have a place. I am almost non existent on facebook but use twitter and IG. I go back to a site right before Rivals 1.0 by Hal Bittinger...I think my handle was BlueRaiderTN.

There have been some strange and funny events that have been a part of the message board ecosystem. From talking people down from a depressive outburst in their hotel rooms to arguments to breaking news. It seemed like the move to 1-A helped build our early group of posters but football hasn't had much in gaining new fans.

Hello all. Longtime reader and poster at BRZ. Sad to see it go but understand the logistics of the decision. Made some really good friends there, hoping to do the same here. Knew this site existed but just never had time to for 2 boards. I hope most of the BRZ posters head here, it would be nice to have one main dialogue between the fan base. We're just not big enough to to support multiple platforms.

Go BLUE!
BEAT western!

Apparently I had a user account for this site since Feb. 1, 2006. Guess I’m dusting off the old UN — though I had to reset the password and haven’t been posting on BRZ in at least (?) a year.

That would make this my first ever post despite a 12+ year history of an account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently I had a user account for this site since Feb. 1, 2006. Guess I’m dusting off the old UN — though I had to reset the password and haven’t been posting on BRZ in at least (?) a year.

That would make this my first ever post despite a 12+ year history of an account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Better late than never. Welcome...back?

Reactions: cfly1980
I have enjoyed posting on both boards, my first Blue Raider board was on Delphi, great times there! Will miss BRZ but have enjoyed posting here too. Though my overall message board activity has been terrible the past few years, but a lot of message boards I used to frequent no longer exist.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
The age of social media seemed to really take it's toll on the message boards. I know I fell for the draw of social media, but I've been pulling away from social media the last year or two. As such, I've been putting in more time around the message boards....the original social media! Maybe the timing will work out that MT fans can consolidate back into one active high traffic board.

As for getting along on the boards, there doesn't seem to be much of a problem. Actually a lot more sane than social media. Plus if things get heated around here, we all can take out our frustrations on Wiley and kick him around for a while. Then things are cool again.

ADVERTISEMENT