ADVERTISEMENT

The National Debt

It's not very convincing when you go out and vote for the Obama's and Hillary's of the world.

The Democrats’ economic failures will follow them to 2016

There is an excellent editorial in the Wall Street Journal today titled “The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2011.” The WSJ piece shines a harsh light on the failed arithmetic of America’s tax and redistribution system under liberal rule. And it reveals the central dilemma for Democrats in 2016: The Obama-led wealth redistribution is not working. Just look at the negative effect “Obamanomics” has had on the middle class. As the WSJ points out, “For the middle class in 2011 – two years after the recession ended . . . after-tax income . . . fell by 1.9%.”
Not to mention that the bleak CBO analysis is focused on taxes and redistribution; it doesn’t mention the staggering debt President Obama has amassed that will be heaped on future generations. All the Democrats’ new taxes, debt and wealth transfers haven’t resulted in higher incomes for average American families. As the WSJ editorial states, “Presidents who put reducing inequality above increasing prosperity end up with less growth and opportunity that benefits everyone, and thus with more inequality.” Even though there have been more transfers from the government under President Obama, families have less money in their pockets.
So what will Democrats offer voters in 2016 that, as Obama put it, has “that new-car smell”? Will their tired promises to transfer more money from the government to their targeted voters be credible? Will their pledge in 2016 be nothing more than a promise to continue what President Obama started? Will the Democrats say Obama’s policies were a good start and that we just need more of the same?
We just witnessed what happens when a political party squanders its time in office and is left without the ability to make an affirmative case for why it should continue to be in power. It has to attack, pretend and deceive; and then it loses. The Democrats are caught in a trap of their own making. They win elections by promising benefits and then they can’t stop. How will Hillary Clinton’s economic plan be different? She can promise more largesse from Washington, but she will have to hope no one holds her accountable for the details of how continuing the core Democratic economic offering will produce something better for American families than what has already occurred.

This post was edited on 3/28 4:13 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

The Democrats’ economic failures will follow them

I'm just waiting for the libs to try to tell me that Hillary is a fiscal conservative and as president will implement austerity measures to cut the national debt. But before you do, you might want to read the following article.

Ready for Hillary Already Blew Through $11 Million and is in Debt

Considering that there isn't even an actual campaign yet, how did Ready for Hillary manage to blow through $11 million? Hillary's trips are subsidized by whoever is covering her speaking tour or campaign stop. Or by her non-profit Clinton Foundation.
Ready for Hillary consists of a website, some shoddy merchandise and a really bad country song. How does that cost $11 million?
The group has raised more than $11 million since its 2013 founding, picking up hundreds of big-name Democratic donors, the New York Times reported.
By Thanksgiving, the group was in debt. According to the group's FEC disclosures, the group had $875,626 in the bank but also owed a $1 million loan that was intended to expand the organization's grassroots operations for Clinton-including its ill-advised country song ad.
"This investment, used to fund our massive post-midterms direct mail program, will pay dividends from now until Hillary announces her decision" on whether to run for president again, said Seth Bringman, a spokesman for the group.[/QUOTE]
So they blew through $11 million on direct mail despite there being no campaign yet and no serious opposition? It's already in debt which really says something about Hillary's financial management skills.
I've never heard of a candidate blowing through this much cash this long before an actual election. But the Clintons always set new lows when it comes to money management.
You can just imagine what Hillary would do to the national debt.

Ready for Hillary Already Blew Through $11 Million

I'm fairly certain Bush did something similar. Again, where was your outrage when bush was running up the debt? You'll probably deflect with more gibberish about the Clintons.

There was a lot of misinformation (as usual) in his post regarding unemployment. Shadow stats is for the tin foil hat world. For beginners the BLS publishes information from household surveys. There are 6 measurements of labor utilization U-1 to U-6. the important sections are U3 and U6 - or at least that is all I will bring up. It is enough to show how crap this information is. U-3 = total unemployed as a percentage of the civilian labor force. U-6 is total unemployed plus all the marginally attached workers + total employed part time as a percentage of the civilian labor force.

Here are some definitions from the BLS site.

Unemployed persons (Current Population Survey)[/URL]Persons aged 16 years and older who had no employment during the reference week, were available for work, except for temporary illness, and had made specific efforts to find employment sometime during the 4-week period ending with the reference week. Persons who were waiting to be recalled to a job from which they had been laid off need not have been looking for work to be classified as unemployed.

Discouraged workers.)

--
So to be part of the workforce you have to either be employed or qualify as unemployed in the criteria above.

According to shadow stats - they reflect long term discouraged workers in with short term discouraged workers under U-6. Which discredits this guy because U6 is a measure of under utilization. His includes part time workers who are by definition not unemployed thus giving you the higher % that he gives.

BRF, are you not aware of the criticism of George W. Bush from conservatives regarding his excessive spending? If not read the article entitled, "Righteous Anger: The Conservative Case Against George W. Bush."

You may say you are concerned about the national debt but you would never consider voting for a fiscal conservative. It's just like the people in Washington D.C. who re-elected Marion Barry for mayor. Most of them would say they are against crack given its destruction of the black community, yet they voted for a crackhead. You can't go by what people say, you have to go by what they do. Disingenuous statements such as these are just a ploy to advance your own political agenda without thought or care for the welfare of this nation. You know damn well Hillary or Elizabeth Warren would never cut the national deficit with their bloated social programs or policies and there are not enough rich people to tax to get us out of debt as seen in the Tony Robbins video. Income redistribution has been a disaster under Obama and will be no different with Hillary or Warren. Unless a fiscal conservative is elected, the national debt will only continue to grow.

file.php

The Conservative Case Against George W. Bush

First of all, the outcry we heard about Bush was minuscule compared to what we hear about Obama. Second of all, I meant you personally. I don't recall you saying much. Third of all, there are no "fiscal conservatives." Not one republican president has reduced the deficit in the last 50 years...not one. Comparing me to a voter in DC is laughable. I vote after I think about the issues and decide who would be the best to address those issues in the best way available. You can launch all of the personal attacks and inappropriate comparisons all you wish but the truth is that I'm a very informed voter. Soon I'll make some asinine comment about your character, even though I can see from your postings here that you are involved, I'll compare you to the rednecks in Texas that would vote for a faux fiscal conservative (as all republicans are), over and over without actually thinking. See how you like being dismissed as an idiot that doesn't actually think. Keep on watching that Faux News and drinking the cool aid. When you ready to stop with the petty jabs, let me know.

BRF, I'm not comparing you to Washington D.C. voters. I just merely used the Marion Barry re-election voters as an example. There are many other examples that I could have used but that one came to mind. To say that I made a personal statement about your character is ludicrous. The point I made is when it comes to party, voters will say one thing and do another.

As far as "petty jabs" are concerned do you consider this a petty jab at Republicans?

repubagw.jpg

Because if I recall, MidTnBlues recently posted it on this forum. But since I probably have more credit hours in science than anyone on this board and Dr. Ben Carson has better science credentials than just about anyone in the world, I merely discounted it as liberal nonsense. Now, if I had low self-esteem and thought there might be some truth to it, then perhaps I would have taken offense but since I don't have low self-esteem and have better science credentials than most Democrats, I merely shrugged it off. So the next time you perceive something as a petty jab, I suggest you do the same unless the truth is too much for you to handle.

This post was edited on 3/30 10:56 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

That was a petty jab against republicans but not a petty jab at someone's character. If you would had post something similar with " Dad what is economics?" With a Democrat answer, I would have thought it was funny But the jabs at people's character is crossing the line.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

BBJ or Mike, could either one of you please explain to me how my comment to BRF was an attack on his character because I still don't get it.

The point is; You don't believe we actually think about our stance and beliefs. You think that we react on emotion or place an automatic vote when nothing could be further from the truth. You see I think that you guys actually think about things to an extent. I just believe that you are being duped to some extent. Your side claims to be fiscally conservative but the truth is your parties presidents run deficits just like democratic presidents. The only difference being they lower taxes on the wealthy, cut social programs and increase military spendong...but they run defocits none the less. Stop trying to belittle your opponent and actually try and engage them. You arent special. The left actually thinks about the issues just like you do.

By insinuating that I don't think and just place an automtoc vote, you are attacking my character. I think my friend.

This post was edited on 3/31 4:37 PM by BlueRaiderFan

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:
BBJ or Mike, could either one of you please explain to me how my comment to BRF was an attack on his character because I still don't get it.
I left the thread when BRF said that R's want to see Medicare fail. I don't see any one's character being attacked.

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:
Flash, as far as I'm concerned, your character is beyond reproach and it would be ludicrous for anyone to suggest otherwise, whoever it may be. You're okay in my book, my friend.

--BBJ

ADVERTISEMENT