ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING The missing commit...#9

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
I had seen some activity on social media a few weeks back suggesting that MT had picked up a commit. But nothing came of it and my sources were mum about it. I chalked it up to a kid wanting to make a splash and announce it on his own.

But time went on and nothing surfaced, until today. I got a message from someone asking me why we hadn't added RB Dominique Sistrunk to the commit list.

So...I went digging again, and sure enough he's on the big board. Kid has no social media presence (shocking, I know) whatsoever, but got his offer from MT in April and came to the Boro in May before making it official.

He's a big ole boy too - 6'2, 240 pound range. Looks like they found their Tavares Thomas replacement.

Big kid..( and fast for his size) ... I’ve seen him play. Really came onto scene at his high school last when current MT freshman Qb Shiflett ( and his teammate last year) broke his ankle during his senior season. Kind of refreshing for a kid to not be all over social media. Should have a big senior season. I heard Shiflett was a factor in getting him to MT and then Sistrunk quietly committed and shut down his recruiting.

Just hope they don't turn him into a DT.

Doubtful. They've become obsessed with these 240 lb + backs since T. Thomas had success. It seems a bit silly to me because it's literally just an oversized dude hitting the hole and falling forward for 3 or 4 more yards because he's bigger than the LB trying to tackle him. It's good for consistent yardage I suppose but you're never gonna break a big one and take it to the house.

I hope they're not over-recruiting the position. This guy will make, I believe, the 3rd over-sized RB on our roster.

Sistrunk's film doesn't impress me at all. Like at all. Are we recruiting him as a RB, because I just don't see it. The speed isn't there...at all. Looks like he runs a 4.8 to me and doesn't appear to be the overpowering type despite his size.

Been some pretty underwhelming commitments thus far. Surely our staff will back off if they don't continue to develop in their senior years....???

Last edited:
IMO, he doesn't have quick feet and didn't show a powerful stiff arm in the few minutes I watched. At best, he looked more like a poor man's Eddie George or a H-Back type.

You guys crack me up.

Come on. You can't watch his film and tell me you are impressed. His OL is opening HUGE holes that you could run through so please don't get carried away with the big runs. He clearly lacks speed (4.8, MAYBE 4.7 speed) and his size isn't going to be that overwhelming on the Division 1 level. I just personally don't see it.

Last edited:
Watched his film. I don't think he has the long speed to be a feature FBS back.

I do like how he doesn't shy away from contact and always drives forward. He does know what to do with it when he gets it - no east west crap. I think this guy could be a short yardage package back.

Could we be recruiting him for linebacker?

Also, get some of his O-Lineman. Or go hire than OL coach if they have one. That high school OL was opening gigantic holes.

I do question the staff's overall strategy.

Just like the vast majority of our other committs so far this cycle, this dude has no other offers, no other apparent interested FBS schools. Is this not a guy that we can keep on the hook while we fish for some other big time guys?

Guys like this will be around in the fall. They're not going to go run and jump on a Kennessaw State offer or something like that. If we miss out on some real high end guys, then go give this guy a 'ship.

So far, we've got almost half an entire class that not a single other school in CUSA has been interested in offering.

My recruiting knowledge is limited to farting around on the internet and the databases here and on TOS, so i do try to give Stock the benefit of the doubt (not that he's earned it with performance), but it just seems like we need to be battling with Marshall and Memphis and FAU and the like for recruits - not FCS and NAIA schools for dude's that you have to google cause Rivals or 247 has never even heard of them.

I do question the staff's overall strategy.

Just like the vast majority of our other committs so far this cycle, this dude has no other offers, no other apparent interested FBS schools. Is this not a guy that we can keep on the hook while we fish for some other big time guys?

Guys like this will be around in the fall. They're not going to go run and jump on a Kennessaw State offer or something like that. If we miss out on some real high end guys, then go give this guy a 'ship.

So far, we've got almost half an entire class that not a single other school in CUSA has been interested in offering.

My recruiting knowledge is limited to farting around on the internet and the databases here and on TOS, so i do try to give Stock the benefit of the doubt (not that he's earned it with performance), but it just seems like we need to be battling with Marshall and Memphis and FAU and the like for recruits - not FCS and NAIA schools for dude's that you have to google cause Rivals or 247 has never even heard of them.

Meanwhile, schools like Arkansas State are already gearing up for huge 2019 classes with more than half their class 3 star players....

Puzzling.

Didn’t we beat Arkie State? I don’t see our problems being the Jimmies and Joes.

We have 10 verbals, and we rank 8th in CUSA. There's 4 teams ahead of us with less players. This class would rank 6th in the Sunbelt.

It's not where we need to be if we want to win a championship. If the total ambition of the program is to beat the Sunbelt 3rd place finisher in Birmingham, then we're good to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT