ADVERTISEMENT

The Middle East Conflict Explained In Five Minutes

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
This video is a must see for anyone following the affairs in the Middle East. So often, average Americans don't bother trying to understand what's going on because the media tells us it's far too complicated to understand. In reality, it's not. As Dennis Prager says, it may be the hardest conflict to solve, but it's the easiest to explain.
The surrounding Arab nations refuse to acknowledge the existence of a Jewish state, and they're won't be peace unless they stop trying to obliterate Israel. As Benjamin Netanyahu said, "If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more ‎violence. If the Jews put ‎down their weapons ‎today, there would be no more Israel."

The Middle East Conflict Explained In Five Minutes

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:

This video is a must see for anyone following the affairs in the Middle East. So often, average Americans don't bother trying to understand what's going on because the media tells us it's far too complicated to understand. In reality, it's not. As Dennis Prager says, it may be the hardest conflict to solve, but it's the easiest to explain.

The surrounding Arab nations refuse to acknowledge the existence of a Jewish state, and they're won't be peace unless they stop trying to obliterate Israel. As Benjamin Netanyahu said, "If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more yviolence. If the Jews put ydown their weapons ytoday, there would be no more Israel."
Flash, I watched the video. It is a very good, succinct explanation of the situation as it exists in the Holy Land. Thanks for sharing!
smile.r191677.gif

BTW, did you read my earlier thread entitled: Who are the Palestinians? What and Where is Palestine? (see link below)?

https://middletennessee.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2122&tid=173796350&mid=173796350&sid=1142&style=2

At any rate, I thought the article lended a very good history of the land of Israel and their reformation as a nation in 1948. I'd be curious as to what you thought of the article. God bless you, my friend.
--BBJ

BBJ, I did read it and thought it was well presented. After reading BRF's comment questioning your "squatters" statement you posted on another thread, I decided to find history on the Middle East and post it as a rejoinder to his response. However, everything I found was rather lengthy so I decided not to post it. Unfortunately, in order to understand the history of the Palestinians, you have to go all the way back to the Ottoman Empire (1517-1917) and most people are not willing to spend the time reading about it but rather choose to believe what they see and hear on the news. And since NBC (The Obama Network), CBS, ABC, MSNBC, and CNN are all pro-Palestinian, many people see Palestinians as the oppressed. Of course you and I know it is ridiculous but that is the typical liberal mindset.

BBJ, I did read it and thought it was well presented. After reading BRF's comment questioning your "squatters" statement you posted on another thread, I decided to find history on the Middle East and post it as a rejoinder to his response. However, everything I found was rather lengthy so I decided not to post it. Unfortunately, in order to understand the history of the Palestinians, you have to go all the way back to the Ottoman Empire (1517-1917) and most people are not willing to spend the time reading about it but rather choose to believe what they see and hear on the news. And since NBC (The Obama Network), CBS, ABC, MSNBC, and CNN are all pro-Palestinian, many people see Palestinians as the oppressed. Of course you and I know it is ridiculous but that is the typical liberal mindset.
From the article in pertinent part:

"In Conclusion: No nation, other than the ancient nation of Israel and later again in 1948 with the rebirth of the Nation of Israel, has ever ruled as a sovereign national entity on this land. A mighty Jewish empire extended over this entire area before the Arabs and their Islam were even born! The Jewish People have one of the most legitimate Birth Certificates of any nations in the world. And if you want to talk religion, fine. G-d GAVE the Land of Israel to the Jewish People. And G-d does nothing by accident!"

Also:

"Most of the so-called "Palestinians" are in fact interlopers and squatters from Syria - and others places - mostly in the 1920s and 1930s who simply took possession of pieces of land in Israel. So much for their unfounded claims that they have been there since "time immemorial!"

So, it is factually true that the arabs/muslims are indeed SQUATTERS and interlopers in the land of Israel!

At any rate, so glad you enjoyed the article, my friend.

--BBJ

Lynn, I realize you admire Rabbi Weiss because he is another liberal but the fact that he is a friend of Ahmadinejad should be enough for any sane and rational person to question his religious credibility.

yisroel-dovid-weiss-ahmadinejad.jpg

Yisroel-Dovid-Weiss-iran.jpg

"Iran under the leadership of Ayatollah Khamenei is the sole country in the world that differentiates between Zionism and Jewish thoughts and treat its Jewish community properly," -- Rabbi Weiss

With a statement like that, I really don't believe anyone should post any quotes from Rabbi Weiss regarding Israel. And certainly not any quotes about how Ahmadinejad loves Jews.

Why Rabbi Avi Weiss is Wrong

You linked a story about Rabbi Avi Weiss

I have been linking Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss. You are not only ignorant but you're sloppy too.

Weiss continually states that ALL of the Rabbis were in opposition to the formation of Israel and they petitioned the UN in 1947 to stop it. Maybe he is lying. Maybe you are a spoon fed authoritarian who has been duped into supporting a satanic creation.

This post was edited on 8/9 1:28 PM by MTLynn

I appreciate the correction. I didn't realize there was another Rabbi Weiss. I simply googled in Rabbi Weiss and came up with Rabbi Avi Weiss. Telling me I'm sloppy is understandable given my confusion between Rabbi Avi Weiss and Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss but calling me ignorant is typical liberal name calling. If you want to continue being a class-envy, "if it feels good do it," name-calling liberal that is fine but don't think for a second that it will discourage me from promoting conservative ideals on this forum.

This post was edited on 8/9 4:25 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

Telling me I'm sloppy is understandable given my confusion between Rabbi Avi Weiss and Rabbi Yisroel David Weiss but calling me ignorant is typical liberal name calling.
The very definition of ignorance is lack of knowledge. Not knowing the difference between two Rabbis is ignorant.

This post was edited on 8/9 2:55 PM by MTLynn

Guilty as charged. Until you mentioned Rabbi Weiss, I never even heard of him, let alone knew his first name. Thanks for enlightening me.

ADVERTISEMENT