ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The Day After Rundown: MT's embarrassing loss to Army

I just don't know what it is with this team and injuries. Is it training? Is it that we take kickers and move them to the OL? It's a problem that been ongoing for 10+ years

Well the problem was prevalent when Spray was here so I think it goes deeper than that.

The thing yesterday while watching, besides the bad play all the way around by the Blue Raiders, was that everytime they showed CRS, it seemed like he was always fiddling with his mask. It seemed he was bothered by that mask more than the horrible play on the field. He had that damn mask covering everything up to the bill of his cap, except his eyes. I thought how can he see anything with that mask up to his eyes and cap bill. If he's going to be that distracted the whole damn season and worried about it, he needs to step down.

Last edited:
my understanding is Stock meddles in the S&C program as well. I was told no heavy lower body during camp and the season. Just a mess.

He is so tone deaf it's not even funny. As if Army's team hasn't been through a lot also.......

Everyone on this planet is feeling extra stress. Do you think I'm allowed to suck at my job because of these additional stressors? No. In fact, My job (working in a hospital) has been immensely more difficult and more stressful and me being at the top of my game is more important now than ever......

But don't tell our football team or coaches that. Heaven forbid there's any accountability. Let's keep making excuses and overlooking bad losses...

As far as the injuries go - I saw two instances yesterday where it was simply sloppy technique that led to the injury. That’s not a S&C issue (although as a side I do believe it’s contributing) that’s a straight up coaching issue.

Not sure you can put much credence in injuries against the academy schools. Those guys play with an intensity and scheme that you can’t prepare for until it’s hitting you in the mouth - or should I say cut blocking your knees.

Reactions: Matt Dossett
Not sure you can put much credence in injuries against the academy schools. Those guys play with an intensity and scheme that you can’t prepare for until it’s hitting you in the mouth - or should I say cut blocking your knees.

Nah I’m referencing simply being out of position and over extending to get back into the play. Cut blocks are what they are there’s not much you can do about that.

Nah I’m referencing simply being out of position and over extending to get back into the play. Cut blocks are what they are there’s not much you can do about that.

I didn't see anyone get hurt on a cut block. just sloppy techniques and kids that are too light to play their position

"This team has good leadership. Hang in there with them. They have been through a lot already."- Chris Massaro

Wow. What an idiot. Seriously, what an idiot.

MTSU needs to get rid of this guy ASAP. Until he is gone, anything positive that comes about in any MTSU sport will be sure coincidence and likely accomplished chiefly by the student athletes on the given team. Massaro is worthless.

The way MTSU lost to Army was inexcusable. ZERO leadership in this whole Athletic Department. Sad to be a fan of MTSU.

Every team has injuries. Stock just complains and uses it as an excuse for the pathetic losses it's starting to seem to me.

Good leadership? Did he watch the end of the first half? Leadership was not just bad but nonexistent. Embarrassing.

The difference between 2009 MT defensive line and 2020 MT defensive line is night and day

Losing big to nonconference teams in recent years

Army wasn’t Alabama, Georgia, Michigan or Iowa, but MTSU has not had much success against nonconference FBS teams recently.

Since 2015, the Blue Raiders are 5-16 against nonconference FBS opponents and have lost eight of those games in a row. The last time MTSU beat a nonconference FBS opponent came in the 2017 Camellia Bowl when it beat Arkansas State 35-30.

In those 16 losses, the Blue Raiders have lost by an average of 24 points and averaged only 14 points.

MTSU still has two nonconference games left on its schedule – against Troy on Sept. 19 at home and at Troy on Nov 21.

send it to Phillip Tanner also. He has been defending Stock heavy for the last couple of years

The problem with players is they all love Stock the man.

Players tend to bash coaches they don’t like or that killed the tradition. Stock has been the same mediocre results coach his entire tenure. The players will defend their guy (remember baseball and McGuire).

It’s going to take 3 years in a row of 4 or less wins to get rid of Stock.

I think they hear the noise, but right or wrong, no OOC game is going to be the basis of a decision on Stock or how the program is doing.

Let’s see them play a conference game or two before we freak out.
This team is no better than the one that lost to Rice and Charlotte last year. They should have seen enough. This team will be lucky to win 2 games this year. I called this Army blowout days in advance. Many of the starters couldn’t start for UTM.

ADVERTISEMENT