ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The Beer Garden filled up fast...

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
I watched the crowd grow larger and larger in the Blue Raider Beer Garden just below me and by halftime it was elbow to elbow. Stock probably won’t win a CUSA title this season but the beer sellers will still love him.

It’s sad what a Blue Raider “Football game” has become. All this crap going on down on the field is why I quit going to Titans games. Channel 4 Blondie screaming at me for haircuts and free pizza, a t-shirt cannon that shoots blanks, and a full party bar in the South End Zone.

What’s wrong with just winning football games and focusing on college football?

Last edited:
I like the excitement she adds during the dead periods. Its better than constant announcements and recognitions that no one cares about like they have done in years past. Plus, you need to do something when the football team is sucking the life out of the place with their awful play.

Reactions: MarJac23
So we ignore the elephant in the room instead of addressing and fixing the real $900,000 a year problem by adding a clown show in order to try and breakeven.

95% of the bar crowd in the end zone can’t even see the game assuming they care enough at that point to try.

I watched the crowd grow larger and larger in the Blue Raider Beer Garden just below me and by halftime it was elbow to elbow. Stock probably won’t win a CUSA title this season but the beer sellers will still love him.

It’s sad what a Blue Raider “Football game” has become. All this crap going on down on the field is why I quit going to Titans games. Channel 4 Blondie screaming at me for haircuts and free pizza, a t-shirt cannon that shoots blanks, and a full party bar in the South End Zone.

What’s wrong with just winning football games and focusing on college football?
That blonde screeching was awful. They hire these cheerleaders with their high pitched voices to scream into the mics and its like nails on a chalkboard. The Preds did the same thing last year. They will have to adjust the sound system to make it more bearable. If this shit play keeps up we are going to need a Everclear garden to be able to tolerate the level of play.

The dead time antics we must endure (elementary games & blond high pitch voice) scream HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM to me... It drives me nuts.... I love the Band cranking it up... that is FB environment...

While it is sometimes annoying, it is better than the PA guy and his irritating announcements that had me in past seasons turning around and screaming at the press box 'Shut the F up'

We went to the Beer Garden before the game started and got a couple of beverages and went on to our seats. I view the Beer Garden like the kid zone with all the stuff there. Two group of people it's important to get to the stadium and if they enjoy themselves they'll want to come back, perhaps in time they'll become actual fans. I am all for it.

Reactions: T2Tool and MarJac23
The game atmosphere is what will bring my family and I back. Sans the “bitches and hos” pregame music. I like rap and hip hop but can we censor the profanity?
pregame music wasn’t that bad yesterday. It was my first game of the year. I was glad to see that we had a Buffalo Wild Wings vendor! Left at half times cause I couldn’t stand the beat down.

Don’t know if this is good or bad but they ran out of their prime pimped blackout beer before halftime.

Reactions: Hop45
The dead time antics we must endure (elementary games & blond high pitch voice) scream HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM to me... It drives me nuts.... I love the Band cranking it up... that is FB environment...
I have never seen either of those at a high school stadium, but I have seen it at pro stadiums.

Don’t know if this is good or bad but they ran out of their prime pimped blackout beer before halftime.
It was really good. I stayed in the beer garden through the first quarter. Started getting crowded really quick.

Personally, I don’t partake in adult beverages but don’t judge those who do. However, good, WINNING football is the only trigger that makes me attend and stick around to the final horn. If the rest of the season is just a big keg party so be it but I’ll find something better to do with my time. To each his own. Go Blue!

Everyone has complained for YEARS about how we don’t do anything for folks to show up. I for one applaud the effort and changes. Can’t make everyone happy but I think they’ve done some good things. Give credit where credit is due.
Winning titles and beating formidable OOC opponents instead of losing to the likes of Vandy, WKU and UAB is what will bring the fans back to Floyd. Like I said previously, I have no problem with alcohol at games, just don’t get rowdy drunk and spill it on me.

Winning titles and beating formidable OOC opponents instead of losing to the likes of Vandy, WKU and UAB is what will bring the fans back to Floyd. Like I said previously, I have no problem with alcohol at games, just don’t get rowdy drunk and spill it on me.
Don’t completely disagree but in todays world we have to get creative to fill seats. Hell, Alabama is keeping track of kids who leave the game early. Winning does cure alot but we all know that’s not real world here every year. To draw the walk up crowd and folks that just come for the experience we have to pull out all stops. Every sports marketing department, at all levels, are fighting the same fight. I give our crew and “A” for what they’ve done 2 games in to change the thought process.

I stated several times on this Forum, the ONLY reason I did not renew my season tix was due to the game experience, or lack there of. I even suggested a beer garden and something like the Blonde Channel 4 chick to fill the dead time. Have to admit she is much better than the McPhees. I am pleasantly surprised and think this is a giant step forward. Took my daughter and two other younger couples last week and they were extremely impressed. The had a blast and they were all minnieals-with kids. All said they would return. Loved the food trucks, beer garden, and said even the kid zone was much improved.
I think it's a great start and applaud MT for doing it. I will rethink my season ticket renewal for next year.
Go Blue

Are people actually complaining about this? I don't drink either but I think it's a great addition. We have a fermentation program so it's synergy and people seem to really like it so what's the issue? We won so it's all good. At least marketing is trying. The lady heading up all of this is doing a good job. She's not given a lot to work with and has been successful despite the pig she has to put lipstick on.

I agree, this is nothing but good. Gets people out and adds some energy. We can’t complain about not doing anything different and then complain when we do. We need more things like this to add to the “event”.

Who’s complaining? I just made an observation from yesterday about the activities down in front of me.

At least I showed up. 15 minutes before kickoff the stadium was still practically empty.

And they finally got the t-shirt cannon to fire. :D

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Who’s complaining? I just made an observation from yesterday about the activities down in front of me.

At least I showed up. 15 minutes before kickoff the stadium was still practically empty.

And they finally got the t-shirt cannon to fire. :D

Who's complaining? LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that today.

Those folks were huddled around the umbrellas down there. Cudos to MT for trying this and making it work. This is exactly what we’ve all called for them to do for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT