ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL That's some good stuff Pat Forde is smoking...

conferenceoutlook.jpg

It would probably take an executive order, or the threat of one, to do this...

The fact that revenue from college sports has grown so much, and so disproportionately, revenue sharing should be part of the solution.

It is more than the virus. Interest has been dropping and there will be big changes due to the accelerate known as covid-19. This looks absurd but I am not counting out something other than big to occur long term.

Interesting, if both far-fetched and inconceivable. (Sports writers have to find something to do with no sports being played) I do feel for the 11 schools who would be forced to drop down (well, not so much for Troy and Liberty - and for vastly different reasons).
I also feel for North Dakota, South Dakota State, and South Dakota since IIRC all four of the Dakota schools were powers when I started following MT FB in the "small" school division. Wonder just what factors caused North Dakota St. to become a perennial FCS power and leave the other three behind and caused Forde to move them up to FBS..
Biggest question I have after reading the article is the criteria Forde used to pick which schools to drop down. Somewhat surprised to see MT make the cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT