ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating USM Game

ewglenn

Oct 6, 2021
Since I’m new to MTSU I’m looking for so advice. The Marshall game was my first game. We had a group of seven go. We parked in the Greenland lot and just had a few beers before walking into the stadium. For the USM game we’re planning to step it up a bit, we should have around 10 maybe more, and are planning to grill and drink at least 3 hours prior to kickoff. Of course the athletics department couldn’t shoot me straight on rules and where to go. We’re all in our 30s and aren’t looking to get trashed but want to have a good time while making sure we are following the rules. What do y’all recommend as far as best place to do that and rules we should be aware of. Thanks!

Since I’m new to MTSU I’m looking for so advice. The Marshall game was my first game. We had a group of seven go. We parked in the Greenland lot and just had a few beers before walking into the stadium. For the USM game we’re planning to step it up a bit, we should have around 10 maybe more, and are planning to grill and drink at least 3 hours prior to kickoff. Of course the athletics department couldn’t shoot me straight on rules and where to go. We’re all in our 30s and aren’t looking to get trashed but want to have a good time while making sure we are following the rules. What do y’all recommend as far as best place to do that and rules we should be aware of. Thanks!
For years my group tailgated on the grass along the sidewalk between the Tom Jackson Building and Rutledge Hall. There's trees for shade and plenty of grass for setting up games and we were able to park on the grass there. It was a good place for our group. You are welcome to it. Me and my group don't tailgate any more.

I heard everyone goes to the grove to tailgate. Are we allowed to park there or do we need a permit (if we used your old spot)? I’m mostly trying to make sure we don’t get ticketed or towed when we go into the game.

The grove (Between Peck and Cope, south of the Raider Walk side walk) is mostly college students. Around the east, north, and west sides of Peck are a little older vibe, as well as on the other sides of the loop drive. No permits needed. Leave your car where you parked it. Just be sure you tear down and store your canopies and other tailgate gear or it could get stolen (from experience).

Reactions: ewglenn
The grove (Between Peck and Cope, south of the Raider Walk side walk) is mostly college students. Around the east, north, and west sides of Peck are a little older vibe, as well as on the other sides of the loop drive. No permits needed. Leave your car where you parked it. Just be sure you tear down and store your canopies and other tailgate gear or it could get stolen (from experience).
That is really helpful, we will try that this time and see how it goes. Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT