ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Suber now on staff?

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
Athletics posted on FB that Alex Suber has been hired as CB coach. Link to story though gets a 404 error. Not posted yet on Athletics or FB Twitter yet.

Edit...Gilstrap was hired by UAB by the way.

Suber has over 7 years experience as a coach and for the last 3 seasons, he's been up in Canada coaching in the CFL where he played for 6 seasons. I thinks a legit hire. He has coached secondary and special teams before so he has experience.

Suber has over 7 years experience as a coach and for the last 3 seasons, he's been up in Canada coaching in the CFL where he played for 6 seasons. I thinks a legit hire. He has coached secondary and special teams before so he has experience.
No doubt on his qualifications. More so than other former player hires. I looked that up before I posted.

My ? mark was meant as if the hire was true as when I posted the article didn't exist, only headline, and an hour later nothing was on Twitter yet. All links have been corrected now.

One of my all-time favorite Blue raider players. I thnk it was him who laid out and dove for an INT on a bubble screen in a bowl game. Dude came out of no where to make that play!! Really like this hire.

Reactions: tyler90wm
One of my all-time favorite Blue raider players. I thnk it was him who laid out and dove for an INT on a bubble screen in a bowl game. Dude came out of no where to make that play!! Really like this hire.

The 2009 New Orleans Bowl, I'm pretty sure. The absolute pinnacle of MT football, in my opinion; there was so much excitement around the program from local fans as well as the national media.

The 2009 New Orleans Bowl, I'm pretty sure. The absolute pinnacle of MT football, in my opinion; there was so much excitement around the program from local fans as well as the national media.

Was a great time. First school in Sunbelt history to reach double digit wins if I remember right.

Based on his past coaching history in CFL as well at college with Bethane-Cookman and Murray, I'm glad we were able to get him. Our secondary has been good but not great in my eyes. Hopefully this will elevate it.

ADVERTISEMENT