ADVERTISEMENT

Still Trust the Wealthy?

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
Bob Murray paid for science denial instead of his coal workers’ wages as company went bankrupt
Jameson Dow

- Dec. 18th 2019 4:19 pm ET

robert-murray.0-1.jpg

28 Comments

While his company spiraled into bankruptcy, Robert Murray spent tens of millions from the company coffers to pay himself, his successor, and several anti-science and anti-environment lobby groups, according to new court filings.

This money was spent at the same time as Murray is asking courts to excuse his debts to his workers, in the form of pensions and healthcare plans.

The court filings have been reported on by New York Times, E&E News and The Intercept.

Murray is founder of Murray Energy, America’s largest privately owned coal company. He stepped down as the company’s CEO in October, when Murray Energy filed for bankruptcy. He was succeeded by his nephew, Robert Moore.

The bankruptcy is a response to dropping coal demand, which has been happening at an increasing pace for more than a decade. Coal is being replaced by cleaner, cheaper energy sources. Coal plants are being closed nationwide, and nobody in the US is building new coal generation capacity.

In that bankruptcy, Murray Energy is

https://electrek.co/2019/12/18/bob-murray-science-denial-instead-coal-workers-wages-bankrupt/

Who trusts the wealthy? Congress is made up of millionaires. Do you trust them?

Throughout history the rich have tried to subjugate everyone else using the government and military especially - it's why the framers wanted a small and limited central government. They knew history.

Last edited:
They will always have influence. It's best to tax them to keep them in check and everyone gets healthcare. You'll never stop their influence on our reps. As a matter of fact thanks to conservatives they already have more power than ever. They've let them grow more and more rich and the poor got little.

And the best part about it is people like you support his stance on renewable energy and follow along like good little puppies...brainwashed.

Yeah, I'm brainwashed... I believe Nikola Tesla built a structure that would produce free energy.

Again, who trusts the wealthy?

530937_466947256689582_1058603479_n.jpg

Last edited:
Tesla was correct. Solar power is readily available and unless I'm mistaken, I've seen you disparage it.

In the past, I have posted about Germany's success with solar...

I'm all for clean energy, and free energy, and I think everyone is except those who stand to lose profits and there is control factor at play - big government doesn't want people off the power grid.

Big business doesn't want people off the grid. Obama offered some nice incentives for solar.

Yeah, big business/government - it's all the same... big business buys up new technologies and corrupt government officials in order to keep the status quo.

385376_268394573211519_1681878064_n.jpg

Last edited:
Not within Obama it wasn't... he gave good incentives to move to renewables. I doubt a conservative ever does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT