ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Staff predictions for MT/FIU

I agree with y'all. This game will probably be in the neighborhood of:

FIU: 30
MT: 24

Close enough to get our hopes ever so slightly up, then knocked back down.

FIU 31
MT 28

This is tough to predict because we know so little about FIU. However, we seldom play well on the road in Florida.

FIU 38
MT 30

No idea on the score but it will be a loss. Hate to continue to harp on it, but we have an FCS caliber offensive line. Just terrible. Worst in FBS football I'm pretty sure. At least that I've laid eyes on this year. We havn't had a good offensive line since Buster's last year here when we played WMU in the bowl game. It's been all down hill since then. They even threw a ton of scholarships at it a few years ago when I was continually harping on poor roster management and how we should have more OL on scholarship. They still all suck.

It just shocks me that our OL has been so bad for so long and there's been no changes at the position. Like seriously Rick, you can't even fire your OL coach(es) and at least make an effort into improving the position?

This team and program will never go anywhere until we start recruiting and coaching quality OL players. This is football. You need wardaddies in the trenches if you want to win.

Sorry for the rant in a score thread but it had to come out.

FIU - Winner
MT - Loser

I think something to be worth reminding, is FIU rolled into Murfreesboro favored in MT's 2019 Homecoming, (being a dog in MT's homecoming is becoming a CRS tradition), and perhaps due to a freakish weather system, the Blue Raiders were able to thrash the panthers in a very humiliating loss. I am betting no one, not the FIU coaches or players have forgotten that game or defeat. I doubt the coaches have not at least mentioned that in preparation for the Blue Raiders. It doesn't always work out, but payback could be a b*tch Saturday.

FIU 44
MT 33

2020 has been a very strange year: a GoBlue Raiders.com article stated this was a homecoming of sorts for players. I’m counting on turnovers, mental attitudes, and decent play choices to carry a mild upset tomorrow. We are not very good, but FIU hasn’t proven anything either this year so here goes:

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders - 34
Florida International Golden 🐆- 24

Overmatched on the lines of scrimmage. Asher is a turn over machine. Special teams mise well be playing for the other team
FIU with better players and coaching staff in every aspect.

Looks like some easy money if you’re a betting man....

FIU 34
MT 17

ADVERTISEMENT