ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game set for Saturday April 18

I wish that they would play an actual game like "big-time" programs do. This whole offense versus defense contest in which points are awarded for different things simply sucks! We need to have a real blue-white game with each side divided fairly evenly. It was also good to have the wing fling before the game. They just need to make sure that the times do not overlap.

I liked the concept of playing the game at the soccer field. Makes for a better atmosphere for sure. There were a TON of recruits at the Spring Game last year. I didn't see one negative comment out there.

As much as MT fans complain about "little middle," playing the spring game on a soccer field screams little middle/OVC. Pretty sure attendance was down last year due to the smaller capacity of the soccer stadium. While I don't need a true game as a previous poster mentioned, it sure would make it more enjoyable. Heck I'd pay $20 to go watch the coaches draft the teams if they did it that way.

Looked back to 2009 on GBR.com for spring game attendance numbers, here's what I found. I'm going to assume the years it wasn't announced is because it wasn't that great.
2014 - not announced
2013 - 5,000
2012 - 4,214 (I remember being shocked at how many people were here coming off of the 2-10 year)
2011 - not announced
2010 - 3,110
2009 - not announced

Just curious what school does their Spring game in the fashion suggested? I know UT does it about the exact same way as we do. As far as I knew they all do it similar to what we do with some variance to scoring systems

ADVERTISEMENT