ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Spring Football?

RaiderDawg78

All American
Sep 7, 2005
98% chance Ivy League football season held in Spring according to several articles. Several state HS organizations considering the same.

Would this be the beginning of a domino effect for other D1 conferences?

98% chance Ivy League football season held in Spring according to several articles. Several state HS organizations considering the same.

Would this be the beginning of a domino effect for other D1 conferences?

No surprise with the ivy league, why have football in the fall when alll your classes are on line and you're charging your students 50 and 60k tuition.

Ivy league is irrelevant if P5 and g5 programs are playing.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I would agree with you space, but given that Arizona and ASU sent players home plus something is rumored to be happening at Wyoming, it is beginning to look more and more like a major delay. Add the South Carolina Gov. threat and it makes me wonder what type of pressure some of these universities/conferences get from the media et al. to postpone. I just wonder once 1 league / school postpones, if others will follow.

I think it’s pretty clear what’s going to happen: schools who don’t depend on football for their athletic departments to survive aren’t going to play this Fall.

Schools that do will have to take the risk.

Reactions: mtfblue
D3 Centennial conference cancels fall sports and moves football to spring. First NCAA conference at any level to cancel fall sports.

ADVERTISEMENT