ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Spoke to 2023 edge rusher Curtis Roberts

I don’t pay for “premium” info so I haven’t read your post, but I find it hard to believe this guy is coming to Murfreesboro if those other 20 offers are legit. Even Tennessee St would probably give us a serious run for him.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
I don’t pay for “premium” info so I haven’t read your post, but I find it hard to believe this guy is coming to Murfreesboro if those other 20 offers are legit. Even Tennessee St would probably give us a serious run for him.
Fair point. I will note he is good friends with commit Anthony Colandrea and other MT targets in the Florida area…

Great to hear. Hope they can find an OL to block for them that doesn’t transfer out every year.

That’s great. But I also had HS friends and teammates who signed with Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss that I ended up playing against in college. 😂😂
Yeah. Package deals aren't always a sure thing to bank on. I do think Colandrea has influence with guys in his area of Florida...

It looks like he is one of the top QB's in Florida (Weak QB class for Florida this year if we are being honest with ourselves) but he sure looks small (I don't believe the Rivals 6'1 and 175 claims). He looks 5'11 165ish at best. And I mean at best, he's a little dude.

That's okay though, he's still young. Little bit of a growth spurt and he could definitely be something for us.

It looks like he is one of the top QB's in Florida (Weak QB class for Florida this year if we are being honest with ourselves) but he sure looks small (I don't believe the Rivals 6'1 and 175 claims). He looks 5'11 165ish at best. And I mean at best, he's a little dude.

That's okay though, he's still young. Little bit of a growth spurt and he could definitely be something for us.
Kyle Lowe, who is already on campus, is 5'11ish...

Kyle Lowe, who is already on campus, is 5'11ish...

They might have similar size but the two are definitely different players. Lowe is built like a RB and plays down hill at all times. Colandrea, despite being labelled a dual threat, is clearly a pro-style guy and pocket passer. And a really good one at that. His arm talent is clearly much better than Lowe's right now but Lowe has athletic ability that you can't teach. Two very different players.

And nothing wrong with being undersized but it's important they hit a growth spurt. Miss rate is much higher on small pocket passers is where my real concern is. If we are gonna get a pocket passer then I'd feel more comfortable doing what WKU just did with their recent class, Caden Veltkamp. 6'5", 212 lbs.

They might have similar size but the two are definitely different players. Lowe is built like a RB and plays down hill at all times. Colandrea, despite being labelled a dual threat, is clearly a pro-style guy and pocket passer. And a really good one at that. His arm talent is clearly much better than Lowe's right now but Lowe has athletic ability that you can't teach. Two very different players.

And nothing wrong with being undersized but it's important they hit a growth spurt. Miss rate is much higher on small pocket passers is where my real concern is. If we are gonna get a pocket passer then I'd feel more comfortable doing what WKU just did with their recent class, Caden Veltkamp. 6'5", 212 lbs.
Good point. Also, Nick Vattiato was 5'11, 175 coming out of HS....

His grandfather was a 3-time 1st Team All-American LB for Bear Bryant at 6’0” 227 and played 10 years for the Chargers.
Maybe Kyle will have a growth spurt??

One can hope. But could be like me. My Dad, his brother, father, grandfather, mom's father, grandfather, and 2 brothers are all over 6'. My Dad's father was even 6'7.
I'm 5'8". Yay for genetics.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT