ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS SOME Nashville universities see record enrollments this fall

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
don't fall for the McPhee apologists' argument about falling enrollment at all universities...

...Middle Tennessee State University, with 20,086 total attendees, has the largest undergraduate enrollment of Tennessee's locally governed institutions at 17,438 students.

This is slightly down from last year's undergraduate class of 17,892.....

I have been surprised at how many families I know that put state universities in the crosshairs because of politics and better private offerings.

That being said and sports aside, I have been really impressed with MT’s incoming student program.

It’s safe to say that the quality of students coming now are much better.

Speaking of Meharry

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Speaking of Meharry

Unless there is something crazy I dont know not being a TN resident, we should just bring Meharry in to the fold in a joint venture with St. Thomas and call it a day. Except for the fact, as we are fully aware, McPhee doesn't have the political clout to pull something like that.

Unless there is something crazy I dont know not being a TN resident, we should just bring Meharry in to the fold in a joint venture with St. Thomas and call it a day. Except for the fact, as we are fully aware, McPhee doesn't have the political clout to pull something like that.
Agreed.

But…my guess is that TSU would have something to say about that. And their say would be “no.”

The state needs healthcare professionals. And the state universities need to do what they can to provide them.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Nashville School of Law the only public law school in Middle Tennessee? Belmont and Vandy are both private, am I missing another "public" institution?

The fact they did not want a public university with a law school in this area is telling. Some cannot afford the private route, and some do not want to move to Memphis or Knoxville? Total garbage.

Reactions: Noogaraider1
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Nashville School of Law the only public law school in Middle Tennessee? Belmont and Vandy are both private, am I missing another "public" institution?

The fact they did not want a public university with a law school in this area is telling. Some cannot afford the private route, and some do not want to move to Memphis or Knoxville? Total garbage.
didn't ut-pulaski recently start a law school?

Some of the biggest ripoffs to students is having them pay for athletics for programs like ours. It’s borderline robbery.

You are making young people pay to pad millionaires with a ceiling the height of a bush.

Nashville School of Law is private. There isn’t a public law school in Middle TN.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT