ADVERTISEMENT

Social media presence...

Interesting list.

Not that I've ever thought about this, but definitely some surprises in the rankings, at least to me.

In terms of MTSU's ranked presence., I would expect nothing less.

The Saint Peters Peacocks ahead of MT? 🦚 120th vs 138th? Wow! And, Murray State ahead of us (and WKU too)? We’re not cutting the mustard for social media engagement…for sure, and Mass Communications is our specialty? Someone needs to wake up and pay attention; anybody home in Murphy Center…really embarrassing.

That's something I've never understood. I was there 98-02. Before streaming and all that. Did several games with the production truck that were shown on MT10 a few days later.

Nowadays we have a digital truck. ESPN3. A great play by play announcer. There is ZERO reason every game shouldn't be broadcast. NONE. Take advantage of the student resources you have.

Same with marketing, sports management, etc. It is a two-fold win. You get fresh new young ideas and you get the students heavily invested because you are using their ideas. So stupid we don't have literally every school on campus helping the athletic dept. in some capacity.

I'm more than sure that Instagram or TikTok would be better for such an event. Try it; seriously, you'll see how positive results you can expect on that side of social media.
If you don't have enough followers, you can always go to famoid.com for help. It will prove to be as valuable a tool as the network itself. I've been using it for quite some time now, and I can see how much life has been transformed with this help. I am more than confident that you can have more success now

Last edited:
There is nothing unusual about being present on social media. Because it is difficult to meet a person who does not sit on social networks. If I say it for myself, I spend a tremendous amount of time on Instagram. I like flipping through the feed there, posting new posts and photos. I especially like it when I get likes from them, and it's very cool. And if I don't get enough likes, then I always have the opportunity to get 50 free Instagram likes. But if you use social networks correctly, you can earn money from them. The main thing is to attract new subscribers and produce exciting content.

Last edited:
That's something I've never understood. I was there 98-02. Before streaming and all that. Did several games with the production truck that were shown on MT10 a few days later.

Nowadays we have a digital truck. ESPN3. A great play by play announcer. There is ZERO reason every game shouldn't be broadcast. NONE. Take advantage of the student resources you have.

Same with marketing, sports management, etc. It is a two-fold win. You get fresh new young ideas and you get the students heavily invested because you are using their ideas. So stupid we don't have literally every school on campus helping the athletic dept. in some capacity.
Maybe work out a deal with My TV 30 or something to air games that are not on FB or replay another time. The students do the work and get the experience, overlooked by professors or something. IDK...

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Today, any social network can be useful for advertising or events. People have gradually become accustomed to the fact that social networks play a huge role in everyone's life. We have to accept this and use social media's opportunities. For example, you can use Instagram to advertise and generate profits. All that is needed is an understanding of how the algorithms of this platform work and the ability to produce quality content. To begin with, you should learn the simplest questions, such as how to repost on instagram - 1394ta. That will help you profit from social media. The internet is not evil. It's a way to make money.

Last edited:
You can find anything on the Internet. This is not necessarily evil. There's a lot of interesting and useful content out there. With spotify monthly listeners, you can successfully promote your songs on streaming platforms.

Last edited:
Once DJ/Denzell stop posting about the Blue Raiders, their Social Media presence took like a 90% hit.

The Saint Peters Peacocks ahead of MT? 🦚 120th vs 138th? Wow! And, Murray State ahead of us (and WKU too)? We’re not cutting the mustard for social media engagement…for sure, and Mass Communications is our specialty? Someone needs to wake up and pay attention; anybody home in Murphy Center…really embarrassing.
There is lots of marketing here in Jersey City for the Peacocks.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but there are so many fans that have "disconnected" for the time being. MT lost guys like DJ a few years ago, but MT lost a LOT like him along the way. Frustrated about Stock / FB, frustrated after a few years of terrible MBB, lack of engagement (pre-Lee De Leon), etc.

At this point, it's a cultural thing and it's going to take time (probably 3-5 years minimum) to right the ship

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but there are so many fans that have "disconnected" for the time being. MT lost guys like DJ a few years ago, but MT lost a LOT like him along the way. Frustrated about Stock / FB, frustrated after a few years of terrible MBB, lack of engagement (pre-Lee De Leon), etc.

At this point, it's a cultural thing and it's going to take time (probably 3-5 years minimum) to right the ship
Totally agree...
3-5 years minimum...
If...
There is a leadership change...

ADVERTISEMENT