ADVERTISEMENT

soccer transfer from MT

Good for her was my first thought. I like rhoden but this program has been stale and leveled out for a while sadly. De priest and stillet up top gave us an absolute deadly scoring attack but still only manage to finish mid conference. She probably feels like she's maxed out as a player here. My only true concern is how does Tennessee get away with talking to a current player of ours like that. Surely she didn't up and decide to leave without talking to them

This isn't anything new. Rhoden has had many all-conference players over the years transfer out.

He must be hard to play for and/or difficult to be around.

Looks as if we are losing more than just the men's golf team to UT-K. Absolutely hate losing transfers up, especially to the two in-state $EC schools.
I was hurt when a MT softball player I knew (and had congratulated on obtaining an athletic scholarship at MT) who had gone to the high school my kids went to transferred to Auburn after playing at MT a couple of years. I hated it when the current UT-K FB coach left to walk-on at UA-T after proving himself at MT but at least you could understand his lifelong devotion to the Tide. Heck, I hate it when we have athletes transfer down or sideways.
Although I don't closely follow soccer I hate to lose this young lady. I don't know how I developed such love for MT as a student and others don't.
I have stated several occasions that I will quit all support for the MT athletic program should we lose a men's BkB player, after proving himself at MT, to either of the two in-state $EC schools. I will not accept MT being a men's BkB feeder program for the Urenge or the team on West End (perhaps we are just a juco as our name implies). That's my real fear with McDevitt's history of losing quality young players who transfer up.

ADVERTISEMENT