ADVERTISEMENT

So long Blue Raider faithful

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
I will no longer be posting here or following MT Athletics. I made a promise to myself earlier this year that I was going to start removing people and things from my life that do not make me happy or provide value. I should have immediately cut MT athletics out then but I wanted to give it a little longer to see how things would go in 2020 for football and basketball. I’ve got my answer. Zero progress in football, and somehow even worse in basketball this year. Nicks teams are getting worse with each passing year.

Our programs have become a literal laughing stock in their respective sports, and there is nobody in our admin who cares one lick beyond receiving their unearned paycheck. MT athletics has become nothing but pain, grief, and never ending frustration. it has become clear that winning doesn’t matter. Our admin only cares about APR and raising enough student fees to make budget. Wins and losses are trivial.

Look at our facility upgrades for basketball and football (hint: there have not been any). Look at our coaching staffs, stock still with his dinosaur buddies still on staff, and CNM bringing his unqualified buddies over from UNCA that clearly don’t know how to coach either. They bring transfers in from other schools who were averaging healthy double digit points and they can hardly make a basket under this staff. sure would like to know what Massaro was thinking hiring a mediocre coach from one of the worst conferences in D1 and making him a top 3 paid G5 coach. Cant fault Nick for taking the job and contract, who wouldn’t want all that money even if you are grossly under qualified ? I guess nobody has any shame these days. Oh well.

There is so much more I want to say and complain about, but I literally just don’t care enough anymore to type it all out. It doesn’t matter anyway, nothing will ever change at MT, where time has literally stopped.

take care y’all, and happy holidays

Wiley

I will no longer be posting here or following MT Athletics. I made a promise to myself earlier this year that I was going to start removing people and things from my life that do not make me happy or provide value. I should have immediately cut MT athletics out then but I wanted to give it a little longer to see how things would go in 2020 for football and basketball. I’ve got my answer. Zero progress in football, and somehow even worse in basketball this year. Nicks teams are getting worse with each passing year.

Our programs have become a literal laughing stock in their respective sports, and there is nobody in our admin who cares one lick beyond receiving their unearned paycheck. MT athletics has become nothing but pain, grief, and never ending frustration. it has become clear that winning doesn’t matter. Our admin only cares about APR and raising enough student fees to make budget. Wins and losses are trivial.

Look at our facility upgrades for basketball and football (hint: there have not been any). Look at our coaching staffs, stock still with his dinosaur buddies still on staff, and CNM bringing his unqualified buddies over from UNCA that clearly don’t know how to coach either. They bring transfers in from other schools who were averaging healthy double digit points and they can hardly make a basket under this staff. sure would like to know what Massaro was thinking hiring a mediocre coach from one of the worst conferences in D1 and making him a top 3 paid G5 coach. Cant fault Nick for taking the job and contract, who wouldn’t want all that money even if you are grossly under qualified ? I guess nobody has any shame these days. Oh well.

There is so much more I want to say and complain about, but I literally just don’t care enough anymore to type it all out. It doesn’t matter anyway, nothing will ever change at MT, where time has literally stopped.

take care y’all, and happy holidays

Wiley
You’ll be back. 👍😂

I once said something similar about my other school and a friend said something that was true and applies to MT.

MT athletics is like herpes. It makes you miserable, you think you’re over it and it may go dormant for a while. However, you are infected now, it’s in your blood. It flares back up when you least expect it. You are never cured of it. It’s something you just learn to live with and hope for those few moments when it doesn’t cause you pain.

Finally!!!!! Always so dramatic. I remember when you took up Oregon as your new home team vowing you were done forever. Look forward to you crawling back as always. I’ll make sure to get you a tommy west signed football as a welcome back present next year.

Tommy has found a home here at MT. “Commitment to Competing” as a HC:
UTC - 4-7
Clemson - 31-28
Memphis - 49-61
Overall - 84-96

Took the year off in 1999 and 2010 while getting paid by Clemson and Memphis, respectively.

His last three stints as a DC:
Memphis 2000 4-7 (Rip Scherer got fired and he stepped right in)
UAB 2011 - 3-9 (Neil Callaway got fired)
SoMiss 2012 - 0-12 (Ellis Johnson got fired)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT