ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL So I gave in.

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Didn't renew season tickets when that window was open, but broke down and purchased two tickets in the same section today. Have had held season tickets since '79 and while I am extremely dissatisfied with the athletic department, the football program, the coach, I do want to see if removing the toxic tony franklin from the scene, and bringing in the new OC makes any difference.

Has anyone done the same? I honestly don't expect but a handful will.

While looking at seats available to purchase, a friend pointed out that there were only a handful of tickets available to purchase in the section I have sat in for the last 8 or 9 seasons. It occurred to me that they are probably still doing the 2020 social distancing Bull Sh*t for the 2021 season. There were seats available in in three rows, all odd rows. The last 4 or 5 years before 2020, the section was never filled.

Didn't renew season tickets when that window was open, but broke down and purchased two tickets in the same section today. Have had held season tickets since '79 and while I am extremely dissatisfied with the athletic department, the football program, the coach, I do want to see if removing the toxic tony franklin from the scene, and bringing in the new OC makes any difference.

While looking at seats available to purchase, a friend pointed out that there were only a handful of tickets available to purchase in the section I have sat in for the last 8 or 9 seasons. It occurred to me that they are probably still doing the 2020 social distancing Bull Sh*t for the 2021 season. There were seats available in in three rows, all odd rows. The last 4 or 5 years before 2020, the section was never filled.

I do not understand why MT would have seating restrictions at this point other than to have an excuse for poor attendance. Our games were so poorly attended pre-COVID, I would anticipate being able to social distance if I wanted to. Plus, the state will have no restrictions by football season. If someone wants to go, at this point I think MT could do them the courtesy of not limiting seat selection.

I've had season tickets for Football since I moved here to Murfreesboro from Las Vegas a few years ago. As an NCAA football fan, I've actually really enjoyed spending Saturdays in the Fall watching MTSU play, win or lose.

With that being said, I haven't renewed my tickets, and doubt I will. I'm just not excited whatsoever with the teams making a visit to Murfreesboro this upcoming season.

Who knows though? I might be one of the few posters here that actually believes MTSU is going to have a pretty good team this season. I like the QB Hockman a lot. A few weeks from now, I might impulse buy some tickets.

I stopped buying football and basketball season tickets. The only tickets I have now are baseball. I was even offered tickets for an open air box, but just can't justify it anymore. I will probably go to the WKU game, but that's it. Like Space said, I'm hopefully that things turn around with Franklin gone, but CRS is what he is at this point. Ya'll have fun at the Monmouth game.

MT Football...practicing social distancing since 1999.

No season tickets for me. I I am not busy on game day, I'll purchase as walk up and just sit wherever. My blue chair backs are gone!

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Football program only thing worth a flip right now and with all the transfers and new OC I would want to see this seasons games.

If you're cancelling anything it should be basketball season tickets 1000000%. Now that's a team not worth watching.

I think football program will at least be 6-6 this year. We play arguably the easiest schedule in the country.

McDevitt would give his left nut to have a .500 season at this point (And then probably get a life time contract from Massaro afterwards)

Football program only thing worth a flip right now and with all the transfers and new OC I would want to see this seasons games.

If you're cancelling anything it should be basketball season tickets 1000000%. Now that's a team not worth watching.

I think football program will at least be 6-6 this year. We play arguably the easiest schedule in the country.

McDevitt would give his left nut to have a .500 season at this point (And then probably get a life time contract from Massaro afterwards)
I’m calling 8-4 for the football team.

Reactions: Raiders_55
It will be intersting to see. wTF was indeed toxic and a crazy person/complete A hole. He wasn't fired. He quit and then went on nationally syndicated radio shows and local TV shows blasting us. Just having that crapshow gone will improve us. Everyone seems a lot more upbeat now which gives me a little hope. I know folks may not just want a winning season here but we've won 7 games in the last 2 years. A 7-8 win season would make me feel a little better. There's no hotseat for Rick. We all know that much.

Monmouth is no gimmie by any means. They made the playoffs this past season / Spring ball and last season too. Also, They were 8 yards from beating Sam Houston St., who is playing for the FCS National Championship this weekend. Sam Houston beat ND St. and JMU as well. No FBS team wants to play them I assure you.

VT and Liberty is gonna be tough.

Marshall, FAU and WKU will be improved. Not exctly an easy schedule.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
What’s the Vegas over/under? Love the blue tinted glasses everyone has on. In my opinion Stockstill wins 8 he should get an extension. Doubt he comes close though…Even if he does no one will be there to see it as he already killed the program.

Idk I definitely think 8 is possible. The energy is better. Especially on the offensive side of the ball. We got really good transfers where we needed at QB, RB, and the OL. Also our good recruits on the DL should be coming of age. I am not saying we get 8 wins, but I think we definitely can.

Reactions: Raiders_55
8 wins is easily possible, in my opinion.

Whether posters want to admit it or not, the 2021 roster, as it stands now, has some talent. That, coupled with an extremely easy schedule, should produce a good season for MTSU football.

8 wins is easily possible, in my opinion.

Whether posters want to admit it or not, the 2021 roster, as it stands now, has some talent. That, coupled with an extremely easy schedule, should produce a good season for MTSU football.
8 wins at this point in Stock’s tenure would be terrible. As others mentioned, it would give Massaro an excuse to give another contract extension. Like you mention, it’s an easy schedule. After 16 years, Stock needs to win the conference or get out. But neither will happen. I would rather go 4-8 or worse this year than Stock win 6 or 7 games and end up getting throttled in some nothing bowl but the 2nd place MAC or Sun Belt team.

For the long term future of the program, if we don’t win the conference this year, I want a result that gets Stock fired.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Knowing from personal experience how hard our players work, it’s difficult for me to actually root for them to fail but I understand your feelings. The greater wrong is that our leadership has allowed these feelings to develop and fester among our fanbase that this would be the only way to effect change.
I had mixed emotions this weekend to show up and spend money.
1) I needed personal time out at the ballgame after being in Covid lockdown for a year
2) For the reason previously mentioned about our student athletes.
3) That the same “leadership” would point to my support this weekend that “all is well” with our Athletics Dept. and major revenue sports when in actuality..... it’s not.

Last edited:
8 wins at this point in Stock’s tenure would be terrible. As others mentioned, it would give Massaro an excuse to give another contract extension. Like you mention, it’s an easy schedule. After 16 years, Stock needs to win the conference or get out. But neither will happen. I would rather go 4-8 or worse this year than Stock win 6 or 7 games and end up getting throttled in some nothing bowl but the 2nd place MAC or Sun Belt team.

For the long term future of the program, if we don’t win the conference this year, I want a result that gets Stock fired.
It doesn't matter if he wins 8, 10 or 2. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I renewed my tickets and excited about the season. I think we've upgraded at QB, WR, and RB...there has been some upgrades at OL but we lost Robert Jones. Defense should be improved due to the experience the young guys picked up in 2020 but I'm really looking forward to the new OC and what impact that has on the defense when we are competitive offensively.

BTW, I got my normal seats from 2019 so I don't think there is any social distancing that I saw on my ticket renewal.

Last edited:
What’s the Vegas over/under? Love the blue tinted glasses everyone has on. In my opinion Stockstill wins 8 he should get an extension. Doubt he comes close though…Even if he does no one will be there to see it as he already killed the program.
He could go undefeated and no one would be there to see it. No, wait. Here's how it would work. We go undefeated with no one in attendance all the way up to the conference championship game. The media, the community, everybody shows up for the conference championship game because we feel like we're actually going to do it. After all, we're undefeated and our western division opponent barely squeeked in to the championship in an already weak division. Long story short, we get demolished 45-13 in front of a packed house. Stockstill even gets rattled and calls for a field goal on 3rd down with :05 left to go in the 1st quarter down 21-0. We go on to get obliterated in the Hawaii Bowl weeks later.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT