ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL So..ESPN has MT favored in more games than you might think....

FIU beat Miami in 2019 and we smoked FIU that year. La Tech goose egged them in a bowl. It's not like they are Michigan, Iowa or Bama in 15. No way we win that game but it's not like we are playing Oklohoma when they had Adrian Peterson or LSU when they were #1 in the country in 2007.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
FIU beat Miami in 2019 and we smoked FIU that year. La Tech goose egged them in a bowl. It's not like they are Michigan, Iowa or Bama in 15. No way we win that game but it's not like we are playing Oklohoma when they had Adrian Peterson or LSU when they were #1 in the country in 2007.
I think if we are to pull an upset this year Miami will be the game.

Until MT has an offensive line that can pass protect, so an MT QB is not fearing for his life and not wanting to retire after four games, and able to open holes for a running back and average more than double figure yards rushing, this team will not win more than four games.

All depends on which Miami team shows up week to week. Cristobal will lose a game he is not supposed to.

Our game with Miami is set up as a trap game.

They should be 2-1, coming off loss at Texas A&M and looking to get into a bye week to prep for ACC opener.

If it happens to be a noon kickoff, I expect their crowd to be awful….

I don’t expect us to win, but it would a very Stockstill thing to beat Miami, but lose to JMU and Colorado St.

It would be a Stock thing to get wiped across the floor by TSU and then beat Miami. Stock will say, before getting wholloped by UTSA,

"TSU came to play. We competed but they got us. Then we came back strong for Miami and we can build off this momentum of competing at a high level in our out of conference games and carry it in to conference play where our goals are all in front of us."

I mean we've never heard him say that before. Ever.

It would be a Stock thing to get wiped across the floor by TSU and then beat Miami. Stock will say, before getting wholloped by UTSA,

"TSU came to play. We competed but they got us. Then we came back strong for Miami and we can build off this momentum of competing at a high level in our out of conference games and carry it in to conference play where our goals are all in front of us."

Then get obliterated by UTSA and our hopes/dreams go down the drain

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

Every fricken year we hear the same crap. It will not end until this entire athletic organization is gone, including 7wood.

I am so unbelievably sick of hearing:

"We still have all our goals in front of us" after OOC play doesn't go well

"We still have some of our goals in front of us" after we start 0-2 in conference

Feels like groundhog day, every year.

Sincerely,
Rick "The Groundhog" Stockstill

Last edited:

"We still have some of our goals in front of us" after we start 0-2 in conference

Sincerely,
The old threads and posts are priceless. We do this crap every year. 😂😂

Sincerely,
damn you nailed it!

I guess. It's the same speech year in, year out. I havn't listened to a coaches show since losing to UTSA, but I suspect we will start hearing about injuries soon if not already a big topic of discussion.....

MT Football is Groundhog Day on the Gridiron
Coaches show, Rick Stockstill LIVE, ( is that an oxymoron or what) radio interviews with WGNS, WNSR and even spilling over to fan engagement and game day experience.
Old tired boring same ole stuff for 17 years
Yep, Groundhog Day

The first time I knew Rick played not to lose was when we had Virginia on the ropes and he lost the game at home back in the 2000s.
HOWEVER, the first time I knew Rick had no clue what was going on was when he made some asinine pregame comment in 2016 saying something like we were still in the drivers seat if we lost against WKU. That put us out of conference championship contention as well as a rival. ———> Thread where I heard ole Rick say we were still in the drivers seat 😆

ADVERTISEMENT