ADVERTISEMENT

Skye Payne in xfer portal

She has been recovering from her shoulder injury. She had been buried in the rotation with little playing time. She went home over the holiday break and I wondered if she would return. She did come back and has been on the bench rooting on the team since the spring semester started. I had hoped she would keep working and stay. I'm not sure if she is done for the year or not with the injury, but I would imagine she would qualify for a medical redshirt, transfer and have 4 years of eligibility. If she were to come back and play this season she would only have 3. None of that may have a thing to do with her decision, but if she was due to come back, play sparingly and lose that year of eligibility it very well may be a decision to go somewhere where she can play more and longer.

Feel for her with that injury that really disrupted her season here. If true, hope she has success.

I was on a cruise this past week and saw someone with an MT bag, so I said hello. It was Skye Payne. We only spoke briefly but she said that her transfer was only because she wanted to be closer to home in Alabama. She'll be at UAB.

Not sure UAB is any closer than MT? Think she saw the writing on the wall. She will be a good player for them but not sure she would have ever been a starter here,

I think one or both of her parents work at UAB, so it probably was tough not going there from the start. She should be a very good player for UAB and would have been good here. Before the season started, they were raving about Jaylen, Courtney (CB) and Skye. Her position would be more competitive, but she has some real offensive skills.

ADVERTISEMENT