ADVERTISEMENT

Site Announcement

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Hey guys and gals - there’s no easy way to say this so I’m just going to say it. As of today, I will no longer be serving as the GoMiddle.com publisher.

I’m so very happy to announce that Matt Dossett will be taking over the reigns and leading GoMiddle into its next era.

This is obviously a bittersweet day for me. I love this place - I have since the day I started back in 2005 with Hutton and the gang. That will never change. There’s been a lot of transitions since then, but it was an honor to serve as your pub for the last 8 1/2 years.

I would be lying if I said I wanted to let go - because I don’t. I’ve always looked at this as my baby. But, the reality is I need to walk away. I’d also be lying to myself by saying I can continue to be effective in the role for you guys - Because I can’t.

The last couple of years have been really great to me from a professional perspective. I got a promotion and moved to Florida. I thought I would actually have more time to dedicate to GoMiddle, but the exact opposite has happened. Between raising a family while busting ass at work and trying to provide a steady flow of content and inside information to you all has proved to be too much.

So, with a heavy heart, it’s time to move on.

I approached Matt a few months ago with the idea to transition once the FB season was over. You may have noticed him taking a more active approach with content. For all intents and purposes, he’s been running the show since we came together. And I feel great about the future of GoMiddle with Matt at the helm, as should you.

Like me, Matt is a journalism grad from MT who gets it. I worked hard for us to not be labeled as a “fan site” and establish credibility amongst our peers and competitors, as well as within the athletic department. And I’m proud of the content we were able to put together with that mindset front and center. I’m confident without a doubt that Matt will continue on that track without missing a beat. He’s young, he’s hungry and he’s in love with the gig - all great qualities for what GoMiddle needs now and moving forward.

So with all that said - this isn’t goodbye, necessarily. I’ll still be around. Honestly, I’m kind of looking forward to just being a fan for a bit and chopping it up with you guys!

Please join me in welcoming Matt to the helm!

You really gave me cause for concern with your opening sentence. I was (briefly) fearing this site was going the way of the Zone. Glad that's not the case. I realize message board are not as important today for those who use other forms of social media as to us old fogies but I really need this site to communicate with other Blue Raider fans; what few we have left who post. Finding the old Delphi site was a Godsend to this fan who is surrounded by folks of all other persuasions.

Thanks for all you have done for Blue Raider athletics and for all you will continue to do. Matt has big shoes to fill.

First assignment - get separate interviews with Stockstill and Massaro about the state of the program. A good journalist should push them for solid answers and not back down from the the usual media spin they put out.

Reactions: MTOleBlue and C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT