ADVERTISEMENT

Since sports are gone, what is replacing that for you?

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
betting on the weather? LOL

For me, I have a stack of books I am starting to make some progress through, mainly histories and a couple of books on various current events. I also have two dogs that take up free time demanding walks and my attention. Trying to keep exposure to a minimum. Social distancing is something I don't mind much.

Sure do miss March Madness - Glad to have a stack of books I've been meaning to finish and very thankful for Netflix - Oh Yea, been doing just a little spring cleaning to keep the other half happy.

Been on a reading binge starting last month

-The Shining
- Doctor Sleep
- Salem's lot
- Republicans buy sneakers too (Clay Travis)
- Killing Lincoln (reading now)

Work. I’m in healthcare rounding in hospitals.

Wiley, is your hospital treating Covid19 patients with chloroquine? If so, how has that helped?

There are a few other old SARS-Cov1 drugs that showed efficacy against that virus. Since we are in desperation mode, I am hoping we see compassion treatments and some positive results.

Stay safe (and remind your fellow front line folks the right way to take off their masks!).

I do medical management in a psych hospital, no confirmed covid in my facility. Most promising drugs at this point is hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin combo. Small, and I mean small (N=30) French study had all patients in hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin coMbo testing negative by day 5. 0%! Hydroxychloroquine alone got them down to 45% by day5.

Expect a major shortage though, assholes already hoarding them. Have already heard several cases of physicians prescribing hundreds of pills for family and to patients “Incase” they get it. So unethical and inconsiderate. There was already a hydroxychloroquine shortage prior to all this.....

President really shouldn’t have talked about these drugs on TV. The folks that need to know already know they are our current best hope. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have been promoted by the Chinese for some time now.

I think other drug combos are probably more effective than we realize as well. Kaletra trials not doing well but they are waiting until people are on deaths door to give. These drugs need to be given early to be effective instead of waiting until they are max viral load, vented and proned. Again, it’s a supply issue so they are trying to only give these drugs to critically ill patients. It’s a shame we don’t have more hydroxychloroquine and plenty of azithromycin. I wouldn’t call it a cure but it’s appearing to be close to it, if given early in the process.

I do medical management in a psych hospital, no confirmed covid in my facility. Most promising drugs at this point is hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin combo. Small, and I mean small (N=30) French study had all patients in hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin coMbo testing negative by day 5. 0%! Hydroxychloroquine alone got them down to 45% by day5.

Expect a major shortage though, assholes already hoarding them. Have already heard several cases of physicians prescribing hundreds of pills for family and to patients “Incase” they get it. So unethical and inconsiderate. There was already a hydroxychloroquine shortage prior to all this.....

President really shouldn’t have talked about these drugs on TV. The folks that need to know already know they are our current best hope. Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have been promoted by the Chinese for some time now.

I think other drug combos are probably more effective than we realize as well. Kaletra trials not doing well but they are waiting until people are on deaths door to give. These drugs need to be given early to be effective instead of waiting until they are max viral load, vented and proned. Again, it’s a supply issue so they are trying to only give these drugs to critically ill patients. It’s a shame we don’t have more hydroxychloroquine and plenty of azithromycin. I wouldn’t call it a cure but it’s appearing to be close to it, if given early in the process.

Side note - A few colleagues published the original chloroquine study on SARS Cov1 back in 2005. Since both SARS viruses bind they same cell receptor, I’m hopeful as well.

The one positive, we aren’t starting from absolute scratch on this. Studies on SARS Cov1 turned up several potential therapeutics. Hopefully, more than just 1 shows the same promise with SARS Cov2.

I do agree, the prez talking about it as a wonder drug doesn’t help...at all.

Watching movies, mostly about Sports lol. Need to go on to something else, Sports could be gone for awhile. Already done with watching both The Twilight Zone and The Office that I started before all this happened.

Just a 411 for us guys who have been hunkered down at home with the Mrs.

This morning, I remarked that I couldn’t understand the run on toilet paper if your master bath has a shower only two steps away from the water closet/toilet.

I was sent to my room.
I made the mistake of telling my wife I would start rationing toilet paper if she did not cut back. I have since discovered the guest bedroom mattress needs replaced.

I'm rebuilding the front end on an Audi TT that my son totaled, a lot easier to do when then aren't many distractions.

That's interesting. Typically you don't want to further compromise immune system response to a viral illness with antibiotics. Since the pneumonia caused by COVID-19 is viral, I assume the azithromycin prophylacticly helps to stave off secondary infections - perhaps even secondary pneumonial infections? I saw the presidents tweet about this, but I assume that public health is going to want to be selective with the use of that combo with only severe cases to prevent shortages in antibiotics.

90439755_10158297379396263_4758502697982754816_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT