ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Silvoy to Austin Peay

Can’t blame him for taking a promotion. Hate to see him leave.

I expect CRS to hire Brent from USF.

Brent needs to stay the hell away and find his career path with Championship programs. He can't do it here under his father

I just have this feeling, that when stock retires Brent gets the job. That will give Brent 5 years to get to a coordinator position.

I just have this feeling, that when stock retires Brent gets the job. That will give Brent 5 years to get to a coordinator position.
No one knows if that will happen or not. Also no one knows if that would be a good thing or not. Brent may end up being a really good Head Coach one day.

No one knows if that will happen or not. Also no one knows if that would be a good thing or not. Brent may end up being a really good Head Coach one day.
Is there a listing somewhere of coach salaries? Do not care enough to file a FIOA to find the answer, but would be interesting to see what MT Assistant's are paid in comparison to peers

Is there a listing somewhere of coach salaries? Do not care enough to file a FIOA to find the answer, but would be interesting to see what MT Assistant's are paid in comparison to peers
USA Today has a database for salaries of on-field coaches. Silvoy made ~$65k last year

The MTSU Public salary portal lists the following coaches as:
“Football Regular Season” Dept.
Stock - $821,703 Head Coach
Franklin - $330,000 Asst Coach 1
Shafer - $330,000 Asst Coach 1
Mallory - $105,000 Asst Coach 1
Polly - $105,000 Asst Coach 2
West - $90,000 Asst Coach 2
Beckles - $80,000 Asst Coach 1

These guys are listed as employed in the “AD” Dept.
Diabate- $65,000 Asst Coach 2
Gilstrap - $65,000 Asst Coach 2
Silvoy- $65,000 Asst Coach 1
Royston - $65,000 Asst Coach 1

Who knows how Massaro moves salaries, cost centers and positions around in the budget????? Your guess is as good as mine.
These numbers could be a little stale or off by a year.

Last edited:
So, our best, hardest working recruiters/coaches were/are making roughly half the money of our crappy coaches. Can't imagine why our quality young coaches move on the first chance they get..........:rolleyes:
It’s a shame Wiley left us and won’t see this post. I would have loved to see him weigh in on Polly and Mallory making $40,000 more a year than Silvoy. 😂😂

This sucks losing a promising young coach, but in reality he is not leaving MT for Peay. He is leaving MT for a chance to be an OC at a good FCS program. Can't really blame the guy. I think we could have paid him twice as much as we do and he still would have left to have an opportunity to be an OC.

Reactions: Hop45 and Geeter11
This sucks losing a promising young coach, but in reality he is not leaving MT for Peay. He is leaving MT for a chance to be an OC at a good FCS program. Can't really blame the guy. I think we could have paid him twice as much as we do and he still would have left to have an opportunity to be an OC.

they have only been good 3 years

Silvoy isn't that big of a loss. We now need to boot Mallory and Polly. Hire a real O line guy and we'll be 1000 times better on O. Bring Brent in as a QB coach. We clearly need one. Crazy Tony just about got OHurry killed.

I hope Stock cleans the house. He won't but I hope like heck he does.

they have only been good 3 years
And when Silvoy decided to coach there they are a good program. I didn't say a powerhouse FCS program. Either way it is a chance to be an OC vs. a WR coach.

And MT is a toxic environment right now with no chance of being a winning program. There is that. Sometimes you just want a clean slate.

I'm not sure Joe would work for Stock. They did not have a very good relationship.
The decision to put Dasher in as a freshman against Memphis in 2007 was one of the few good ones that Stock made. But Joe Craddock and Tommy West are two guys who didn’t like it. 😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT