ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Signing Day Thread, Wednesday, February 6, 2019

10.48 100m in high school. Maybe we have our homerun hitter at RB that we haven't had since Mathers

10.48 100m in high school. Maybe we have our homerun hitter at RB that we haven't had since Mathers
Brad Anderson has been fantastic when healthy and has plenty of speed. I also think of Dobson as a RB as well until he crafts route running. We really need WR’s that can create separation.

What's better than one Zach Dobson? 2 Zach Dobsons. JMac is gonna kill it here and it's gonna get real in the back field. Then we have power running with Mobley and West. If our OC can get his butt up in the press box, we will have enough to win with right there. Zach will be used at WR this year more no question. Having all that speed on the field at once will be scary. Ty Lee ain't exactly slow either.

Who do we have that we are waiting on? Obviously Stanley but who else is there? Any surprises?

Stanley seems to still be in the mix. Would be a big get. Wonder what’s up with Rodney.

Getting Stanley would make this arguably the best class ever. Stanley is a power 5 talent. Only reason we might have a chance is grade issues. He has the size, speed, and athleticism that coaches at every school on every level want. If we could land him it would be huge for us because we just don’t get access to players like him. His film is insanely impressive.

Who is Stanley? Want to look him up.

Deonte Stanley.

Committed to UCF over MT during his senior season but as Wiley said he has grade issues. I've been told he's either going to MT or the JUCO route. If they can get him in, that is.

So Rodney Thompson held a ceremony at his school today to celebrate his signing with MT.

Problem is, he didn't sign a LOI. He signed something else (he called it a MTIT). As it turns out, he tore his ACL in December and is on the mend. He told me the plan is for him to enroll at MT next January once he's full recovered.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
So Rodney Thompson held a ceremony at his school today to celebrate his signing with MT.

Problem is, he didn't sign a LOI. He signed something else (he called it a MTIT). As it turns out, he tore his ACL in December and is on the mend. He told me the plan is for him to enroll at MT next January once he's full recovered.

So how does that work? Does he sit out college in the Fall? Or can he go to a Community College or something?

extremely impressed with this class. Looks very, very solid. Don't see a lot of busts in this class. Could be the most productive class we've ever signed. Impressive work by the staff.

Reactions: Hop45
extremely impressed with this class. Looks very, very solid. Don't see a lot of busts in this class. Could be the most productive class we've ever signed. Impressive work by the staff.
I agree. Really hope the JUCO kids work out. We really don’t have the best track record there....

D line and secondary kids are impressive.

I like the two DT's we signed a lot. Surprised to see a Juco OL with what we have recruited over the past two years. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in what we already have. We have always struggled on the OL front though. Wonder how we solve that?

Stock always holds a few ships for later, be interesting how he uses them in the coming months.

http://www.rctigers.com/sports/fball/2018-19/bios/johnson_randall_r._u4z7?view=career&pos=qb

Big time jump from year one to year two which is promising. I wonder if that is why he was under the radar.

I just hope we have an answer at QB...I hope he can run some. I think it just helps our offense to have a QB who can run when things break down. I really feel like the last few years teams made us drive the length of the field and if we didn't hit a big play we stalled.

Johnson's got great size. Something that has been lacking around here. We usually have good QB, but undersized guy with mediocre arm strength.

Looking forward to seeing Johnson compete.

Johnson's got great size. Something that has been lacking around here. We usually have good QB, but undersized guy with mediocre arm strength.

Looking forward to seeing Johnson compete.

Thing that scares me is why did we get him if he's built like that....

If he is anything like Jonathon Quinn then a lot of coaches wanted him to play another position, like tight end, but MT is giving him a shot to play QB.

His film looked good. made some really nice throws and pretty mobile. Not afraid of contact.

You can say that about any player we get I suppose. I'm with you though. My guess is accuracy issues or the grasp of the playbook, because physically on paper he looks to be very solid.

Randall Johnson went to a tiny school in California (Reedley College). They said it is a blink and you miss it town. Same school as Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen. Allen was pretty much overlooked and went to Wyoming. Allen put up ridiculous numbers at Reedley.

So, it could just be that Johnson grew up outside LA and went to a pretty small school, so he was a bit overlooked.

it's the digital age now, you can get film from anywhere in the world in less than 5 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT