ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Shakeup after losing season...

Well 29 injuries by week 10 speaks for itself. Dude wasn't getting it done. Spray was 10 times the S&C coach that dude was.

This is such a HUGE hire. A good hire at S&C can make a lot of difference.

We paid Hickmann 105,000; we need to double or triple that salary to get a good hire. I’m sure Massaro will just hire South Carolina’s assistant S&C guy or UNCA b-ball’s guy for football, but this is a place we can make up a lot of ground by spending a little more.

This is such a HUGE hire. A good hire at S&C can make a lot of difference.

We paid Hickmann 105,000; we need to double or triple that salary to get a good hire. I’m sure Massaro will just hire South Carolina’s assistant S&C guy or UNCA b-ball’s guy for football, but this is a place we can make up a lot of ground by spending a little more.

Strength coach can’t turn a I-AA talent into a I-A talent.

It can’t turn a corner into a linebacker and a linebacker into a defensive tackle. That’s what our strength coach is asked to do.

Hell, we had one of the best strength coaches in all of college sports in Spray and we had the same problems. You can put lipstick on a pig but it still doesn’t make it pretty.

S&C is important but it damn sure isn’t going to solve the problems with this program. If this is the extent of changes it looks like it will be years before I return.

Strength coach can’t turn a I-AA talent into a I-A talent.

It can’t turn a corner into a linebacker and a linebacker into a defensive tackle. That’s what our strength coach is asked to do.

Hell, we had one of the best strength coaches in all of college sports in Spray and we had the same problems. You can put lipstick on a pig but it still doesn’t make it pretty.

S&C is important but it damn sure isn’t going to solve the problems with this program. If this is the extent of changes it looks like it will be years before I return.

If your goal was to become the most negative person in a forum full of negative people, myself included, you have succeeded. Congratulations, you are GoMiddle’s wretch of 2019.

If your goal was to become the most negative person in a forum full of negative people, myself included, you have succeeded. Congratulations, you are GoMiddle’s wretch of 2019.
It's not Hickman!

That's the disappointing thing about this board. Unless it's on Google or Twitter, NOBODY has any actual "inside' scoop. FACT!

It's not Hickman!

That's the disappointing thing about this board. Unless it's on Google or Twitter, NOBODY has any actual "inside' scoop. FACT!

That could be on me. The initial vacancy (from twitter) said assistant coach -S&C. Took it to mean Main guy. It could just be a posting for an assistant S&C coach.

Miss reading a post doesn’t have anything to do with an “inside” scoop.

That could be on me. The initial vacancy (from twitter) said assistant coach -S&C. Took it to mean Main guy. It could just be a posting for an assistant S&C coach.

Miss reading a post doesn’t have anything to do with an “inside” scoop.
There's not any!

There's not any!

There is an assistant S&C position posted for MTSU on the NCAA website here and on MTSU’s website. https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/13182475/assistant-coach-1-strength-conditioning

So there is some job out there.
That’s what the original tweet Space copied is referencing. That’s what we ran with.

You’re right, not Hickman. Sorry I hoped and didn’t confirm. But the job position does mention football along with other sports. So who knows what the role will be.

Meanwhile anxiously waiting for any changes indicating some awareness on the part of the athletic department that changes are needed...

There appears to be no indication that anything needs changing. Outside of this 'opening' what is the over/under on staff changes between now and spring drills?

There is an assistant S&C position posted for MTSU on the NCAA website here and on MTSU’s website. https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/13182475/assistant-coach-1-strength-conditioning

That’s what the original tweet Space copied is referencing. That’s what we ran with.

You’re right, not Hickman. Sorry I hoped and didn’t confirm. But the job position does mention football along with other sports. So who knows what the role will be.
Calm down and re-read my first post. NOBODY on this site has any actual "inside" scoop, or sources of information from anyone with any inside knowledge!
The "sources" are twitter and google.

Calm down and re-read my first post. NOBODY on this site has any actual "inside" scoop, or sources of information from anyone with any inside knowledge!

I agree, let’s start this over, because reading your original post, I asked myself why is this guy so emotional and using so many explanation marks. I don’t know what you are talking about scoops -Space posted a tweet that mentioned a position, that’s it.

There is some assistant S&C position posted that may work with football as well as other sports. Not Hickman & don’t know the role with football, if much of any.

To Space’s real point, it’s sad that this is the closest thing to a staff shake up so far, when we need real turnover.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider

Let me count all the ways I care if you think I'm the Grinch or Mary Poppins. Keep holding your breath.

Rick, the thing is no one cares anymore to dig up inside info. That and not much ever changes. We keep doing the same things year after year.

Now I think back to all those wasted hours we used to actually care about peering into insider activities. Now, our two main programs are complete shit show dumpster fires. Heck, I came into town (back for four days)...haven't talked to a single person about MT athletics. Quite a change from years past.

Meanwhile anxiously waiting for any changes indicating some awareness on the part of the athletic department that changes are needed...

There appears to be no indication that anything needs changing. Outside of this 'opening' what is the over/under on staff changes between now and spring drills?
The only possible change would be if someone left on their own. This AD thinks all is good and CRS will get us back to bowling next year.

Careful now, MT01 might hit you with his lump of coal...

Amazed at how many people like losing. Little middle culture is not only alive and well It’s strong. Darth Sidious would envy y’alls appetite to enjoy sucking and the misery that accompanies being an MT fan.

RaiderDawg78 said:

You’re right, not Hickman. Sorry I hoped and didn’t confirm. But the job position does mention football along with other sports. So who knows what the role will be.Click to expand...

[/quote]
Nice try, Stockstill lol...

Amazed at how many people like losing. Little middle culture is not only alive and well It’s strong. Darth Sidious would envy y’alls appetite to enjoy sucking and the misery that accompanies being an MT fan.

I have literally called for Stock & his entire staff, Massaro, & McPhee to be fired. I think our basketball team has played terrible overall since CNM has been coach, with only small glimpses of hope. I have no real reason/faith he will improve in year 3 other than hope. I think we need to remove many on our rubber stamp board of directors.

I have no confidence that any coach or administrator in our chain will make good hiring decisions.

But I love MT and I am not going to be in absolute miserable grump in every single post. You can choose to be negative all the time or try to find little, small glimpses of hope or improvement whenever/wherever they may come. I am just trying to find some hope until we find out there isn’t any.

In other words, if you have read 1/8 of the posts on here and think I or anyone else on this forum enjoys losing, you are an idiot.

I have literally called for Stock & his entire staff, Massaro, & McPhee to be fired. I think our basketball team has played terrible overall since CNM has been coach, with only small glimpses of hope. I have no real reason/faith he will improve in year 3 other than hope. I think we need to remove many on our rubber stamp board of directors.

I have no confidence that any coach or administrator in our chain will make good hiring decisions.

But I love MT and I am not going to be in absolute miserable grump in every single post. You can choose to be negative all the time or try to find little, small glimpses of hope or improvement whenever/wherever they may come. I am just trying to find some hope until we find out there isn’t any.

In other words, if you have read 1/8 of the posts on here and think I or anyone else on this forum enjoys losing, you are an idiot.

like I said in the basketball thread, when there is something to be positive about I will be. The problem is there simply hasn’t been much to be positive about, unfortunately. We are stuck in a quagmire due to poor leadership - as you referenced. But since some of you need to encounter bubbly people to get through your day here you go... hope everyone had an amaze balls Christmas. And happy new year.

meanwhile,

Mason at vandy fires Offensive Coordinator Gerry Gdowski, Defensive Coordinator Jason Tarver this morning.

Surprising to see him fire Tarver. Weren't they very close friends?

Props to him for drawing a line between business and personal....I wish our head coach could do the same.

Stockstill doing Tommy West a major solid helping him finish out his years for his TN Retirement package.

Reactions: MTTim and Blue_H
Surprising to see him fire Tarver. Weren't they very close friends?

Props to him for drawing a line between business and personal....I wish our head coach could do the same.

Stockstill doing Tommy West a major solid helping him finish out his years for his TN Retirement package.

I don't think he was given a choice, JMO.

Telegraphs his burner account about as well as he telegraphs plays

This reminds me of the Ole Miss fan welcoming Lane to Oxford and yelling, “get a burner phone” as he gets off the plane & shaking hands.[/QUOTE]
Lane in Oxford will make the SEC fun again.

ADVERTISEMENT