ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Seriously, I’d love to hear something from Massaro....

tower.jpg

I imagine if any fans were allowed to be in attendance, he would not be able escape some confrontations. I guess he is thankful to have the virus as an excuse to ban fans. Though this program's performance is as effective as any ban to keep fans away.

Too bad we don't have any boosters with money and influence to force Massaro to make a change.

Reactions: Bolt_Up_72
Or Insell I guess.

Yeah, Insell, but even that hire was screwed up. Announced, then backed off due ignoring the requirements and having to repost the job with requirements fitted for Insell. What a sh*t show that was. A consistent theme of F'n up hires was started then...numerous examples not only of bad hires, but f'd up hiring processes.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Yeah, Insell, but even that hire was screwed up. Announced, then backed off due ignoring the requirements and having to repost the job with requirements fitted for Insell. What a sh*t show that was. A consistent theme of F'n up hires was started then...numerous examples not only of bad hires, but f'd up hiring processes.
You know, if you get right down to it, WE could be called the clown college, not the school down on Jefferson Street.

• Wow
Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
So in almost 20 years, Massaro's best hire is a coach that has never won an NCAA tournament game. I keep thinking about DeNiro's character in Meet the Fockers, "I have never seen people celebrate such mediocrity." #8thPlaceRibbon

I think we need to back off even trying to reason with MESSaro. Go above him and target McPhee. Let him know MESSaro doesn't engage fans or respond to communication. He is the only one that can get rid of him right? Try communicating with him and let him know.

I would think sending McPhee a laundry list of failures that MESSaro has done, would be a starting point, signed by about 1000 fans.

Reactions: mtfblue
I think we need to back off even trying to reason with MESSaro. Go above him and target McPhee. Let him know MESSaro doesn't engage fans or respond to communication. He is the only one that can get rid of him right? Try communicating with him and let him know.

I would think sending McPhee a laundry list of failures that MESSaro has done, would be a starting point, signed by about 1000 fans.

To Casey's point, why would McPhee get rid of a "Yes man"?

So in almost 20 years, Massaro's best hire is a coach that has never won an NCAA tournament game. I keep thinking about DeNiro's character in Meet the Fockers, "I have never seen people celebrate such mediocrity." #8thPlaceRibbon

actually CRI has one ncaa win over Gonzaga and lost to Marist the next game

Reactions: MTOleBlue
actually CRI has one ncaa win over Gonzaga and lost to Marist the next game

Thank you for the correction, my bad. For some reason, I was thinking Marist was the 1st Rd game. Still, was ages ago. Also, full disclosure, I'm not a CRI fan.

McPhee is the major part of this problem.... The only way I know of to remedy this is to flood the Board of Trustees, Donors, and anyone that will listen to his MASSIVE FAILURE...
Maybe if someone would dig into his past a morsel would appear...

Can someone say Nicakjack Lake, for exa

McPhee is the major part of this problem.... The only way I know of to remedy this is to flood the Board of Trustees, Donors, and anyone that will listen to his MASSIVE FAILURE..
The state loves mcphee - they have continually given him raises and extensions.

I'm not sure if BOT even cares. Unfortunately, covid hit for a year driving the once public meetings into the ether. Otherwise, those meetings would have been a great place to go and speak one's mind on the state of the university and it's athletics.

Just a reminder Massaro didn’t want to bring in CNM. He wanted Ryan Odom. Maybe that’s why he’s so quiet on CNM - doesn’t want to upset the powers that be on what has turned out to be a disastrous hire.

Exactly. This one is all on McPhee's hands. Besides there is no point trying to engage McPhee.

I have met with him multiple times. He's an epic bullshitter. It finally hit me after the third time I met with him that his only reason in doing so was an effort to try to stifle my dissent. Back when DNJ/Tennessean were actually still somewhat functional, I wrote some OpEds that probably felt like a turd in the punch bowl in Cope. His "invitations" weren't to actually listen to my concerns (which weren't just mine but a lot of our concerns as a collective) or to take to heart the change that needed to happen. He just wanted to use meet and greets as a way to try smooth me over to silence me. And I legitimately wanted to give him a chance, but he's a bum. Bottom line.

I didn't read all the way through it, but I don't see how McPhee still has a job after this. I didn't see anything about Nickajack Lake yet.

The Nickajack Lake episode was suppressed by you know who... henceforth & forever know as, Olympic Swimmer... Mr. Olympic Swimmer, thru his self-created mess, drove toward Chattanooga on I-24... He stopped at the Rest Area at Mile Marker 157 (on the lake/East Bound) and decided he needed to take a swim... Needless to say, he and the car were a mess... I will not go into further detail online but I know this because the info came from those 1st on the scene. I was also told by these individuals, our Olympic Swimmer reached out to these them and threatened "Massive Legal Action" if it became public knowledge... From my sources, the legal representation contacting those individuals was adamant no expence would be spared if the event came to light...

The Nickajack Lake episode was suppressed by you know who... henceforth & forever know as, Olympic Swimmer... Mr. Olympic Swimmer, thru his self-created mess, drove toward Chattanooga on I-24... He stopped at the Rest Area at Mile Marker 157 (on the lake/East Bound) and decided he needed to take a swim... Needless to say, he and the car were a mess... I will not go into further detail online but I know this because the info came from those 1st on the scene. I was also told by these individuals, our Olympic Swimmer reached out to these them and threatened "Massive Legal Action" if it became public knowledge... From my sources, the legal representation contacting those individuals was adamant no expence would be spared if the event came to light...

What legal action would you have since everything happened in a public area and is true. I would post the video on SM and be done. sometimes you have to rock the boat to create change

Reactions: RaiderDawg78
I’m sure some #metoo reporters like some current/former sidelines reporters would LOVE this thread. Might get a different response than 15-20 years ago.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I’m sure some #metoo reporters like some current/former sidelines reporters would LOVE this thread. Might get a different response than 15-20 years ago.

Pretty much knew after all that crap and he didn't get axed by the old TN Board of Regents, he was going to be here til he retired or carried feet first out. No other university would hire him with his history.

Reactions: RaiderDawg78

Is this Nickajack Lake episode the same as the Mental Crisis/night in the Marion Co. jail event or are they separate happenings?

Just a reminder Massaro didn’t want to bring in CNM. He wanted Ryan Odom. Maybe that’s why he’s so quiet on CNM - doesn’t want to upset the powers that be on what has turned out to be a disastrous hire.
A reminder: McDevitt is 22-54 here. That is horrible

ADVERTISEMENT