FOOTBALL Second bye came at perfect time

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
article from Saturday

excerpt:

...If MT was to play this week, injuries would limit them drastically, according to Stockstill. Having a week to rest will do wonders for some of those bumps and bruises, though some players won't play the final three weeks of the regular season, regardless.

"If we played today, we'd have 25 scholarship players that we started the season with that wouldn't play," he said. "We needed this open date. It's helped these guys." .....

goblueraiders.com

Second bye came at perfect time

Yes injuries are a part of it. Every single school has injuries at this point, most double digits. UT-Knoxville is dealing with even more injuries than we are, and beat Kentucky yesterday to go to 5-4 on the season. Depth is important. Recruiting is paramount.

I'll never, ever understand how a team like App St. can recruit as well as they do. That school and stadium is in a desolate, middle of no-where location hanging off the side of a mountain. Yet, their OL and DL can go and dominate Power 5 schools like South Carolina and North Carolina and physically dominate the game and just destroy their opponents. Their skill positions players have the size, speed, and finesse equal to those of Top Power 5 programs....yet there they sit in the lowly Sun Belt. Same goes for Boise St. but they've been doing it for so long now that nobody bats an eye.

Yet here at Middle Tennessee.....well nevermind. Don't even get me started I would be here all night writing.

I'll never, ever understand how a team like App St. can recruit as well as they do.
My guess is that they take academic risks - like Troy - whereas MT does not because mcphee is all about the APR.

My guess is that they take academic risks - like Troy - whereas MT does not because mcphee is all about the APR.

A school like MT should be taking chances more, not just for the athletic benefit, but realize we aren’t a UT or a Vanderbilt and kids deserve a chance at a school like MT. Just have to face the reality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT