ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTUS rules NCAA violated anti-trust laws in barring student-athlete education-related benefits...

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
...when it limited the amount students could receive for musical instruments, scientific equipment, postgraduate scholarships, tutoring, academic awards and paid internships.

Not the complete sweeping away of amateurship, though some justices signaled they are ready to take on other ncaa rules on compensation that were not a part of this particular appeals case...

twitter thread with article links.

Since this ruling I've read at least a half-dozen articles and heard/watched an equal number of discussions on various sports and news media.

While the effect on women's sports is often mentioned I've yet to see anything on other than "elite" programs. If you try to keep up you would think Alabama and Ohio State are indicative of all college athletic programs.

this will benefit the big endowment schools that have academic scholarship money to give, the privates that make you have an internship to graduate so the athletes will get paid in the summer by some rich alumni with a big business. Need based will schools like Vandy and rice will benefit

this will benefit the big endowment schools that have academic scholarship money to give, the privates that make you have an internship to graduate so the athletes will get paid in the summer by some rich alumni with a big business. Need based will schools like Vandy and rice will benefit
Will we every see anything (either from the NCAA or the courts) that will benefit a regional state-supported school which is trying to compete at the highest level?

I won't hold my breath!

Will we every see anything (either from the NCAA or the courts) that will benefit a regional state-supported school which is trying to compete at the highest level?

I won't hold my breath!
GOT TO GET THEM DONATIONS UP.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT