ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Practice Report

IS anyone else having problems viewing the pictures from today's practice? I can only view Eugene and then thumbnails only of the rest.

Originally posted by MTFAN12:
IS anyone else having problems viewing the pictures from today's practice? I can only view Eugene and then thumbnails only of the rest.

If you right click on the thumbnail for 'properties' and remove everything after the first set of numbers and open that in a window you can see each photo normal size until they fix the gallery.

example:

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/19961/thumb/19961

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/19961
This post was edited on 8/5 8:06 PM by SpaceRaiderif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I'll post it here

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/19960

I was at practice for the first 90 minutes or so.

1. It was HOT! I don't normally sweat that much. But I lost some fluids today. But the staff was on top of things. Regular water breaks and student trainers were scurrying about with more water bottles during drills.

2. The fans had close looks at kick-off/punt receiving drills as well as QB/WR drills and field goal kicking practice. Unfortunately, the OL/DL work was on the other end of the practice fields.

3. QBs-Clint Marks looked good. He was on target with his throws and had good velocity. Gene Della Donne left much to be desired. After all his hype, I was expecting Superman. Instead, lots of floating passes the went behind, over or at the feet of his receivers. Here's to hoping it was opening rust. But one QB who didn't look the least bit rusty was Joe Craddock. Man is he fun to watch. Laser guided passes. Tight spirals. And a joyful skip to his step that showed he was absolutely loving his first day of real practice on a real field in a long time.

4. WRs-Watching and listening to the coach (Justin Watts?) run the players through the drills was fun. He got onto players when they didn't show the effort after a ball. He applauded nice efforts and good catches. And he was constantly reminding players "Gotta catch the ball." Taron Henry was the only non-QB in a red jersey. Spoke volumes about his worth to the team. He looked good in his routes. Bobby Williams didn't stand out for his effort. But maybe that is because he made everything look effortless. Jonathan Grigsby looked like he was determined to earn some quality playing time. He broke HARD on every cut. He ran down every ball. And he showed some soft hands throughout the drills.

5. Ks-The kickers looked REAL rusty. Colby was shanking punts. And the field goal kickers put so many balls wide of the nets behind the posts and over the fence that I had to jump it once to retrieve all the balls. But who cares about kicking 24 days from kick-off. I think kicking drills will seriously get going in another week or two.

6. Punt Covg-That drill was fun to watch. I don't have a clue who the coach was shouting out instructions, but he even ran the drill once to show the players how he REALLY wanted it done. Attention to detail!!!

Gotta say it was a fun practice to watch. It's not something most of us regularly see. I would highly recommend everyone trying to catch on practice before the season.

I was there. I was shocked to see so many qbs....what was there 6 or 7???

WR's looked a lot better than I expected. Taron, B. Williams & Grigbsy are gonna light it up this year.

Overall, I thought practice looked great. A very fresh atmosphere and I even saw jo-jo earning his paycheck.

This post was edited on 8/5 11:37 PM by PineapqleWileyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Steve,

Thanks for that insight! That's why I loe these boards. You guys give me info I couldn't get anywhere else. I'm lovin' our QB situation. It looks like we have at least two good receivers. Our back up RB is putting on some muscle. I just hope our secondary is as good as last year.

ADVERTISEMENT