ADVERTISEMENT

Rush to Excellence Tour

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
BBJ, I'm curious to know if you saw Rush when he was in Nashville for the Rush to Excellence Tour back in 1989? The show was at TPAC's Jackson Hall in front of a near sell-out audience.

m6_5mICJpcY8s4p1VxiXwSQ.jpg

This post was edited on 10/7 1:14 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

Originally posted by nashvillegoldenflash:
BBJ, I'm curious to know if you saw Rush when he was in Nashville for the Rush to Excellence Tour back in 1989? The show was at TPAC's Jackson Hall in front of a near sell-out audience.

ec

This post was edited on 10/7 1:14 PM by nashvillegoldenflash
No, but I wish I had! I've been listening to Rush since around 1989 (time of the tour) and even remember watching his TV show back in the early '90s. The mainstream media will always let you know who they fear the most. That's why he's always been one of their biggest enemies to attack.

I was there but since you missed it, I'm posting a link to the Rush to Excellence Tour '90 for your enjoyment. Although it's not the Rush to Excellence '89 Tour, I believe some of the material is the same. Of course our liberal friends will not find Rush very amusing since he makes fun of the homeless. Back in '89, liberals blamed homelessness on Reagan but they don't seem to have a problem with it now that Obama is in office even though homelessness is currently much worse than it ever was in the 80s. In 1984, HUD released its report, estimating 250,000-350,000 homeless. Even by the late 1980s, most studies placed the homeless around 300,000. By comparison, the number of homeless under Barack Obama by his fourth year was double the number under Reagan. A study by the National Alliance to End Homelessness, titled "State of Homelessness in America 2012," listed 636,017 homeless. Unlike Reagan's reelection, the press was completely silent in associating Obama with the homeless during his reelection. It was a non-issue, just like it will be again this November.

This post was edited on 10/7 10:09 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

Rush II, Rush to Excellence Tour '90

BBJ, I realize that I don't have to explain this to you since you have listened to Rush since 1989, but for those who read my previous post stating that Rush makes fun of the homeless, please let me explain. In the Rush to Excellence Tour video, Rush joins Clarence "Frogman" Henry to perform Ain't Got No Home, the infamous "Homeless Update" jingle from his radio show. Liberals naturally find the jingle offensive because they believe it pokes fun at the human condition but what they don't understand is the jingle really had everything to do with politics and the hypocrisy of the left. Because homelessness was really not a problem back in the 80s, I never understood why Rush talked about the homeless almost everyday on his show. It wasn't until later that I realized he was making fun of the left and their phony politics. It's phony because homelessness is much more prevalent under Obama than it ever was under Reagan, yet the left has nothing to say about it now.

I realize not everyone will be a "Ditto Head" or will appreciate his humor. Just keep in mind that Rush likes to "use absurdity to illustrate the absurd."

This post was edited on 10/7 9:51 PM by nashvillegoldenflash

BBJ, I realize that I don't have to explain this to you since you have listened to Rush since 1989, but for those who read my previous post stating that Rush makes fun of the homeless, please let me explain. In the Rush to Excellence Tour video, Rush joins Clarence "Frogman" Henry to perform Ain't Got No Home, the infamous "Homeless Update" jingle from his radio show. Liberals naturally find the jingle offensive because they believe it pokes fun at the human condition but what they don't understand is the jingle really had everything to do with politics and the hypocrisy of the left. Because homelessness was really not a problem back in the 80s, I never understood why Rush talked about the homeless almost everyday on his show. It wasn't until later that I realized he was making fun of the left and their phony politics. It's phony because homelessness is much more prevalent under Obama than it ever was under Reagan, yet the left has nothing to say about it now.

I realize not everyone will be a "Ditto Head" or will appreciate his humor. Just keep in mind that Rush likes to "use absurdity to illustrate the absurd."

This post was edited on 10/7 9:51 PM by nashvillegoldenflash
Flash, you are correct in that there are now more considered homeless during the Obama administration than were during the Reagan years. Sad part is, there will always be homeless people--irregardless of who is in the White House. Many of those who are homeless are those who are on drugs or have mental issues. Others who are homeless are in that condition because of poor choices/decisions they've made. For those who do not fall into any of the above categories, there are many homeless shelters throughout the country to provide for these folks (such as the Salvation Army). I applaud organizations such as the Salvation Army because they attend to both the physical AND the spiritual needs of the individual.

BBJ, I agree with you. Shelters like the Nashville Rescue Mission have done a wonderful job taking care of the homeless. That is why I have never believed there has been a "homeless problem" in America. The phony left always talk about it when there is a Republican in office but they never seem to say anything about it when a Democrat is in office despite an increase in homelessness. This is just another example that shows how phony liberals truly are.

BBJ, I agree with you. Shelters like the Nashville Rescue Mission have done a wonderful job taking care of the homeless. That is why I have never believed there has been a "homeless problem" in America. The phony left always talk about it when there is a Republican in office but they never seem to say anything about it when a Democrat is in office despite an increase in homelessness. This is just another example that shows how phony liberals truly are.
Yes, the Nashvillle Rescue Mission is a perfect example. I cited the Salvation Army example due to there being a facility here in Murfreesboro (just off from Old Fort Pkwy.).

At any rate, yes, the liberals love to point fingers at conservatives for things they are just as guilty of themselves. For example, have you heard any screams from the liberals for Obama's bombing campaign against ISIS? Where's the outrage? If it were Bush, this would be "unjust" and "blood for oil."

Also, have you noticed the Democratic Senatorial candidates in key Senatorial races are distancing themselves from Obama? I thought if you didn't agree with Obama you were a racist??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT