ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Regular Basketball signing period, Wednesday April 11, through Wednesday May 16, 2018

I have a great deal of compassion for Hale, Jr. and his treatment by Gannett. I also appreciate his writing and his interview skills. But, all that said: I wish when he writes something for the Post it wouldn't be just a rehash of an interview on "All Sports Talk".
You would like to think there would be just one journalist in The Boro who could spend just a little time looking for inside info. A couple of targets, where the staff has traveled, etc. I'm frustrated that there is so little information available.

I have a great deal of compassion for Hale, Jr. and his treatment by Gannett. I also appreciate his writing and his interview skills. But, all that said: I wish when he writes something for the Post it wouldn't be just a rehash of an interview on "All Sports Talk".
You would like to think there would be just one journalist in The Boro who could spend just a little time looking for inside info. A couple of targets, where the staff has traveled, etc. I'm frustrated that there is so little information available.

Give us some time the new staff just arrived and it's not always easy making those in-roads.

Interesting, the CJ Jones player is a 6-5 guard, just like what CNM said he likes to go for in his guards.

Reactions: Hop45
Just heard that MaCio Teague has received his release from UNC-Asheville. He was their best player this year averaging almost 18ppg. I'd like to think we have a shot of getting him.

@kingaling42 I’ve read Teague is very likely to get high major interest, but wanted to ask if you think the prior relationship with McDevitt would give MTSU an edge?

@kingaling42 I’ve read Teague is very likely to get high major interest, but wanted to ask if you think the prior relationship with McDevitt would give MTSU an edge?

MaCio has P5 interest right now for sure- at least 6 schools that I know of.. it doesn't hurt MTSU that he's tight with CNM and Sean Dixon.. my guess is anything could happen but if he gets any Xavier love it'd be tough to not be closer to home.. great kid off the court and can certainly play at a high level, especially once he sits a year..

With the surprise hire of Mike Morrell that shunned UNCA alum Brett Carey- don't be surprised for more transfers from UNCA.. that said there's only 1 other guy that I feel could help at MTSU's level but my guess is it is unlikely to matter for Middle..

Last edited:
I really liked what I saw from that kid from europe that scored a ton on USC. Can't remember his name but I wouldn't complain one bit if he transferred here.

I really liked what I saw from that kid from europe that scored a ton on USC. Can't remember his name but I wouldn't complain one bit if he transferred here.

Baehre- he's the other one I was referring to as well.. he asked for his release during the search but unsure if he's been swayed by the hire or not.. a year sitting out would def benefit him.. great potential but was inconsistent overall/especially early.. only a soph though, typical euro player (Germany via Atlanta- Sean Dixon's home area) with offensive mindset, showed flashes as you've seen, had a few games mid/late season where he was MIA against some physical bigs, struggled playing defense early without fouling (instead of moving his feet due to his thinner frame- used his hands too much) but really improved over course of season.. stretches the floor well to create offensive mismatches. year sitting out could add some strength/size to handle the physicality of CUSA or other higher levels.. was the best +/- guy for UNCA this year so his impact was key and was vital for him to not be saddled with fouls.. really shined the last month of season..

Reactions: Hop45
Noticed this morning on Verbal Commits that Dexter Dennis has signed with Wichita St.

Thought we might have a chance since UNCA had offered back last fall therefore McDevitt had a relationship before offering him at MT. Mississippi native allegedly also turned down a Davis offer to go with the Shockers.

Hate that we just lost the only player for the '18 class offered by the new staff (according to Verbal Commits). Not a good sign.

Nick has routinely signed talented freshmen - so I'm not concerned.

His problem, and my concern, has been those same freshmen transferring once they had success. Gotta hold on to those guys

ADVERTISEMENT