ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Blankenship

Links:

“Saban Snub Motivated Him”
“Philly’s Rocky”

Good stuff. 👏👏

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F57d2980d-a685-431c-bab4-592b29245843_1456x770.jpeg

Last edited:

On Reed Blankenship’s development​

Sirianni said that he was working on his talk for Wednesday’s team meeting, and had been putting a lot of things together about where safety Reed Blankenship was at this point last year. Heading into the third preseason game of 2022, Sirianni pressed Blankenship about what he was going to do to make the team, and now, he’s up for a starting spot. The head coach touted Blankenship — and Britain Covey — making the most of his opportunity.

“But Reed has always had this playmaking ability, going back to the 419 tackles at Middle Tennessee State. He just keeps developing.
One compliment you can give a guy that in our locker room is like man, he’s just a good football player, and he’s just a good football player, and that’s how I feel about Reed, and he’s continuing to get better. He’s continuing to see everything as a safety and make strides there in his football IQ.
I’m obviously pleased with where he is right now and the growth that he’s had in the past year.”

I watched a good chunk of that game. He played very well Almost had a pick as well.

Saw the great defensive play by Blankenship on long pass in to the end zone followed by him fighting off a major offensive hold to make a one on one tackle. Heck of a football player.

ADVERTISEMENT