ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Recently . . .

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
. . . I saw that Kyle Turnham has resigned as girl's coach at Central Magnet. I hope this means that he will be a more consistent Color Analyst for the men's home broadcasts. I suppose it's too much to expect him to be on the road since budget constraints have prevented two man crews for away broadcasts in any sport for several years with few exceptions.

Speaking of budget constraints at MT. I happened to catch McDevitt on "All Sports Talk" last Wed, June 30 (2nd half of show). Not much new but he did mention that some schools were not allowing going over the 13 scholarship limit allowed for returning seniors but Massaro had given him the additional scholarship with Sims returning. Guess we've got more $$$s than thought.
McDevitt did say that all players were in school already with the exception of one who would arrive in a couple of days and another would come on board in weeks.

Do we have more scholarship room? I can't keep up but I believe if all commits show up we'll be at 13???

We are at 13 right now, but could have 14 with the extra scholarship. I wonder if he plans on using it. I don't see why not if he can unless he wants to keep it open for next year. I would assume for him it is this year or bust, but who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT