ADVERTISEMENT

realignment not over

This is exactly why it doesn't matter what G5 conference you are in. I would love for FCS and G5's to play ball in the spring. I say screw em. It'll never happen but what do you have to lose at this point? Those networks are dead that time of year and it opens up more interest than competing with Bama and UGA every Saturday.
I may not be in the majority here, but not being in the same Division as all the big names is terrifying to me. One of the reasons CFB is so enticing is the POSSIBILITY of rising up and knocking off a big name school.

Its better to be a small fish in a big pond than a big fish in a small pond. Small fish can grow. There is nowhere for a big fish to go in a small pond.

Rutgers goes nowhere, they bring the Big Apple TV market, Vandy goes nowhere as they bring academic balance and every other sport of traditionally good, and also Nashville.
If they need room, they get the room. No one cares about academics. ESPN couldn't give a crap.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Vandy being a founding member, I highly doubt there is a way to remove them since they don't cause any trouble or get put on probation. They will get to eat for free and not produce in football. If that's the case South Carolina, both Miss Schools would be in trouble and Kentucky until recently.
No one ever thought UCLA would be in the Big10 either. I'm not ruling anything out. This is beyond insane.

Reactions: MT Glenn
I may not be in the majority here, but not being in the same Division as all the big names is terrifying to me. One of the reasons CFB is so enticing is the POSSIBILITY of rising up and knocking off a big name school.

Its better to be a small fish in a big pond than a big fish in a small pond. Small fish can grow. There is nowhere for a big fish to go in a small pond.
We will be a fish in no pond my friend. That's where it's heading.

Reactions: Hop45
Is the transportation portal still going on? Have we lost or gained any players? I obviously don't keep up with this stuff.

Wow - we still have quite a few guys looking to transfer out that haven't found another school yet. What's up with that? Any chance these guys come back?

Watching that video, I got these vibes…
  • this is something us mid majors have known all along before “super conferences”
  • Fans of schools that are not top tier are starting to feel like us mid-majors
  • I care less and less about what is going on
  • Mid majors will be needed less (price per game goes down) if a minor league layer evolves. They will have similar parameters to be crowned a champion as the nfl. No need to schedule cupcakes to put in some fuzzy math.
  • If there is one thing I’ve learned lately … people are sheep and will follow this regardless of what we think of the little guy.

Wouldn't surprise me. Very few have moved to P5. Many went FCS. Peay, EKU, and Jackson. Grass isn't always greener as they say.
Because we rarely recruit true FBS-level players to begin with. Just look who we beat out for players.

Vandy being a founding member, I highly doubt there is a way to remove them since they don't cause any trouble or get put on probation. They will get to eat for free and not produce in football. If that's the case South Carolina, both Miss Schools would be in trouble and Kentucky until recently.
SC has way too much influence in their state to get booted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT