ADVERTISEMENT

Rakavian Poydras

This is a verbal though right? Until he signs, he's not a definite at all so I won't be excited until Feb. and he sticks.

We have more early commits than usual, maybe more than usual. Gotta wonder how many will be recruited "up" early, how many will sign "up" at the last minute, and how many our "soft" offer will be withdrawn. IMHO the results, so far, haven't helped but who can get into 18 year-old heads. Regardless, signing day will be interesting.

This is why I don't follow recruiting very closely. Without an early signing day, you never know what is going to happen until the fax comes in.

Reactions: Hop45
This is why I don't follow recruiting very closely. Without an early signing day, you never know what is going to happen until the fax comes in.
True but if you subscribe to the premium folder Casey does a good job of finding out who is firm and who is soft. It's not 100% but its still fun to watch.

Reactions: C-Bow
I am a subscriber, and you are right he does an excellent job. I guess I should have worded my statement better. I pay attention but I don't get my hopes up. Kids are just so fickle and there is just so much time from August until signing day that anything can happen. Don't get me wrong I love seeing these early commits, and I check them out and look at highlight reels and measurables. I just temper my excitement until it's official.

Higher profile program right now is what I think he meant.

Honestly, how can we get that enthused about anything to do with our football program these days? We're essentially stuck in mediocrity (have been for years) with little hope for improvement under the current regime....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT