ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Raiders welcome five new players to spring semester

On paper it looks exciting. Almost a whole new starting offense and coach. It’s at least refreshing to see a wholesale change.

We are making moves that have to work this season and Stock knows it. The heat is on!

We are making moves that have to work this season and Stock knows it. The heat is on!
I don’t think Stock is too concerned for himself but more so for his buddies and son if this band-aid doesn’t turn things around. He’s set financially if, by some miracle McPhee decides to pull the plug and write him a check to go away.
But in order to justify keeping this staff around he’s gotta get it done this season.

I don’t think Stock is too concerned for himself but more so for his buddies and son if this band-aid doesn’t turn things around. He’s set financially if, by some miracle McPhee decides to pull the plug and write him a check to go away.
But in order to justify keeping this staff around he’s gotta get it done this season.

Before I ever read this, bandaid was exactly what I was thinking. Some bandaids don't stay on or work very well though. The problem with this is that nothing has culturally, holistically, or fundamentally changed in terms of how the program is being run. There has been minimalist change made this offseason. Great we've attacked the portal. Ok, that's at least one good tactic, but by the looks of it so is just about everyone else in the league, so there's probably no net gain against our competition. If TF hadn't gotten a corn cob up his rear, we would still have exactly the same staff we had last year (minus our best recruiter and the addition of Brent). So not much has actually changed. I certainly don't see culture changing.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I’m wondering if it’s a Mickey Mouse bandaid or maybe a Scooby Doo bandaid.

As others have said, everyone else is getting good players too. It’s hard to get too excited because I just don’t have any faith in our OL coaches and without a strong OL it doesn’t matter who the QB is nor who is calling the plays. Maybe we will get a new OL coach before I die.

It truly all starts up front and until our OL can block somebody our offenses will continue to suck.

only way I ever see this team being good is with a dominant defense that dictates the game. And while I think we are as talented as ever on the defensive side of the ball, we still have some
Big talent deficiencies at certain positions on defense that offenses will continue to exploit.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT