ADVERTISEMENT

QB ?

Not yet. I think they will wait until just before kickoff at Michigan. Don't want to let them know who to prepare for.

Seeing as how one guy isn't even on campus yet and another guy played in one game. And the other guy is a RS - how could they have named a starter.

Not sure what to make of this cat. His film looks intriguing but not a single other Division 1-A offer. Why were other schools reluctant to offer a QB with NFL size/stature?
I could be wrong but I thought it was grades.

Not sure what to make of this cat. His film looks intriguing but not a single other Division 1-A offer. Why were other schools reluctant to offer a QB with NFL size/stature?
We have a Tony Franklin evaluation... Let's hope we have ourselves a Dwight Dasher type quarterback that can throw better.. His major is manual arts.. Hopefully, it will be an interesting season..

If you want to look at his film from last year here you go.

There is one throw that caught my eye more than any other. It's the one at the 1:47 mark. Very few QB's in the world can make this type of throw. One reason why I was intrigued.

Looking at the time and distance he threw that ball at 55 miles per hour in a live game situation. The highest velocity throw at the NFL combine under pristine conditions is 60 mph. And only three QB's have ever done that.

We have a Tony Franklin evaluation... Let's hope we have ourselves a Dwight Dasher type quarterback that can throw better.. His major is manual arts.. Hopefully, it will be an interesting season..

His major is undecided. Manual Arts was his high school. FWIW, that was my first thought when I looked at his profile.

Last edited:
Yea I don't get it. Looks like he can make all the throws, is big, and can run. Also conference offensive POY in JUCO you would think would get more D1 offers. Hope we found a diamond in the rough.

Honestly there are a lot of questions about him, but what I mainly care about is can he play and can he stay eligible. All of the other stuff is just intriguing.

T
Honestly there are a lot of questions about him, but what I mainly care about is can he play and can he stay eligible. All of the other stuff is just intriguing.

The guy graduated High School in 2014, so 3 years go by and no one has a clue to what happened and why no other schools even sniffed at him? This is where you hope nothing is being buried, that could come back to bite the University.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Yea that is weird, but maybe he got into some trouble with drugs or maybe did not have any offers out of high school and decided a few years later to give it another go. Even if it was drugs or something like that everyone deserves a second chance. I do not want to see anything worse though. All speculation right now since none of us seem to be able to find anything.

I’m not worried about that. I suspect the coaches did their due diligence and I’m good with that. We don’t have the luxury of letting a young a QB find his way. I would rather take and older guy who’s experienced the world and can focus on the task at hand. Look at Brent he was damn near 30 wasn’t he? JK

Reactions: C-Bow
Looking at his JUCO stats his completion % went from 51.5% as a freshman to 62.% as a sophomore. Also threw 14 TDs to 12 INTs as a freshman and 28 TDs to only 8 INTs as a sophomore. Efficiency improved from 114.4 to 161.2. That much improvement is very encouraging. Played 10 games as a freshman and 11 as a sophomore.

Also rushed for 797 yards 14 TDs averaging 4.9 yards per carry.

Only advantage we have over Michigan is we know who to prepare for at QB. They have no idea.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Lol. Michigan doesn't really care who's at QB. They will be in our backfield from the first play on. Our offensive line will be worn out by halftime.

I'm excited to see what happens with this guy, but there has to be a catch. The lack of other interest, there must be something. Even if it's grades, you would see teams at our level willing to take a chance.

Watching the video, I don't see any really complex timing routes or anything. A lot of times where his receivers just outran the defender. Maybe his accuracy isn't too great? That's usually what you see with the big strong guys that slip through the cracks, it's because of accuracy (assuming the grades are average).

I'm excited to see what happens with this guy, but there has to be a catch. The lack of other interest, there must be something. Even if it's grades, you would see teams at our level willing to take a chance.

Watching the video, I don't see any really complex timing routes or anything. A lot of times where his receivers just outran the defender. Maybe his accuracy isn't too great? That's usually what you see with the big strong guys that slip through the cracks, it's because of accuracy (assuming the grades are average).

Well I hope you are wrong, because accuracy is notoriously the one thing that cannot be coached or fixed. A QB is either accurate or he isn't after about age 17/18.......which is just shocking to me how the Bills took Josh Allen so high because his accuracy was always terrible and always will be terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT