ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Sam and Massaro now posted

MidTennMtneer

All American
Nov 13, 2013
Much of the same ole same ole. They must know something we don't know because I just don't get it.

"I'm really encouraged by us staying in Conference USA, because those five remaining presidents have a point to prove. So, let's go out there and get it done."

Um, there hasn't been a point to prove for the last 20 years? Isn't every season a point to prove?

289455.jpg

Our administration is like the little ole man at the end of the street. All the property is bought up around him but he stays. Doesn't like change.

For some reason we reject change. We want the status quo to stay and will never instigate change on our own. Be it coaches, conferences, admin positions, BRAA, etc.

I don't know if they are scared of it, don't know how to adapt, or what.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Not since Adam Sparks have we had a REAL beat writer with the journalistic cahonies to tell the Emperor he is butt naked. The real newspaper publications don’t even cover us regularly. Not even the local DNJ.
Sam is an employee of our media relations department.

Not since Adam Sparks have we had a REAL beat writer with the journalistic cahonies to tell the Emperor he is butt naked. The real newspaper publications don’t even cover us regularly. Not even the local DNJ.
Sam is an employee of our media relations department.

Exactly. This is a timed PR piece to go with the announcements of those heading to B12 and to AAC this week.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I wasn’t gonna share this but I had lunch with one of the new BRAA staff a week ago. Given my present giving level ($0) and attitude towards what has happened to our Football and Basketball programs I wouldn’t let him pay for lunch. We talked for over an hour. He’s a sharp young man and good listener. I told him when Stock and his merry band of borderline retirees are gone, I’ll be back and I meant it.

I wasn’t gonna share this but I had lunch with one of the new BRAA staff a week ago. Given my present giving level ($0) and attitude towards what has happened to our Football and Basketball programs I wouldn’t let him pay for lunch. We talked for over an hour. He’s a sharp young man and good listener. I told him when Stock and his merry band of borderline retirees are gone, I’ll be back and I meant it.

I've been impressed with the new staff, including DeLeon....to an extent...

I applaud their outreach efforts (on my end anyway) and Lee has been very personable. But I worry they won't last. They will listen to us fans, see nothing change, and get tired and move on. Lee especially. I think that's why several good ones we had in the past in the AD and BRAA left.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I would bet there is not a single staff in the country as inbred and full of cronyism. In addition to the hires we’ve questioned since 2015, the current Blue Raider Football staff has six (6) Stockstill former Blue Raider players. Three position coaches and three GA/Analyst positions. You want former players to do well but there is a reason most schools have very few former players on their staffs.
Something else to consider, our HC was never a member of the FSU staff. West coached RB’s for one season at UTK in ‘90.
I could go on and on.

Still looking for something to bring me back as well. This was not it.

I told him when Stock and his merry band of borderline retirees are gone, I’ll be back and I meant it.
Still looking for something to bring me back as well. This was not it.

I renewed my season tickets for football season before the appearance of a health issue that significantly increased my costs and threatened my ability to be at the games. I am not likely to donate any monies to the university anytime under current circumstances as they continue under the same leadership. I and a lot of the remnant of Raider fans left are significantly grayer and older. I don't see any concern for growing the season ticket holder base with younger alumni. I do not see that being addressed or finding out the root causes (they know) for decline in support. Raider fans are disheartened and discouraged by administration officials talking past us, ignoring concerning trends, and doubling down on coaches and others that are not getting the job done.

This doesn't help. They touted a court design contest (I submitted 4 myself) and announced season tickets to the winner (I would settle for really good WKU FB tickets) and then CM said this in Part 2.

"I'm excited about it! Fans did such a great job that we were able to take elements from different designs that were submitted and come up with a great court that all our coaches love."

So there won't be a winner. 🤬 Really good way to bring in young alumni to stick around.

This doesn't help. They touted a court design contest (I submitted 4 myself) and announced season tickets to the winner (I would settle for really good WKU FB tickets) and then CM said this in Part 2.

"I'm excited about it! Fans did such a great job that we were able to take elements from different designs that were submitted and come up with a great court that all our coaches love."

So there won't be a winner. 🤬 Really good way to bring in young alumni to stick around.

That is pathetic.

Part 2:

"We open up at James Madison, that's going to be a tough ball game, but I can't wait for it."

Chris exuding a little confidence here....

Truthfully the game is probably a toss up. A lot of unknowns with both teams having to replace key players. But we will have a stout defense and a QB with some experience, and that matters in a Week 1 game.

My concern is Stockstill's inability to have his teams ready to play on Week 1, especially on the road. We do not traditionally play well Week 1 under Stockstill. I'm not sure we've ever opened a season on the road and actually won. Last time we opened on the road was against Army in 2020...and we got destroyed 42-0.

And so I went back and looked. Our Blue Raiders have never won Week 1 when playing on the road under Coach Stock. Loss every time under Stockstill. The last time our Blue Raiders won on the road in week 1 was in 2004, @ Akron. I actually remember listening to that game on the freakin' radio. Josh Harris started at QB and played really well, but was still replaced by an old friend, Mr. Clint Marks (hope you are well my man), who guided us to a W up in Akron, OH.

Anyway, Stockstill's teams have never won on the road Week 1. That is very concerning to me when looking at this JMU game.

That is pathetic.

I really hope I'm overreacting and that the school will still recognize those that submitted a design, even if it is just a page in a game program or something. But either way I figured I would post my designs now.

Partly as hey if that element is there it came from me lol, but also to encourage others who submitted to post their designs as it looks like possibly they won't be seen now by the general public.

Reactions: Hop45
I really hope I'm overreacting and that the school will still recognize those that submitted a design, even if it is just a page in a game program or something. But either way I figured I would post my designs now.

Partly as hey if that element is there it came from me lol, but also to encourage others who submitted to post their designs as it looks like possibly they won't be seen now by the general public.

This is why Massaro and his PR team sucks. They could have announced a winner(s) and said “we will work with them to bring their designs to life”. Then allow the winners to have a voice in how their winning designs are altered to meet standards and the final product. Maybe post photos of the winners at some design table with Massaro, CRI & CNM.

Instead, Chris essentially had his group solicit ideas from fans, steal what they like, give no credit before saying they took elements, and then alter it to what Chris wants.

Yesterday, my boss and I presented a new process/innovation to our entire organization. We leaned heavily on the work of 2 people. The final product wasn’t exactly their idea, but we involved them and gave them credit by name multiple times for coming up with the idea. After, we had multiple people reach out to us saying they want to work for us because we support our staff.

That’s the difference. And it’s apparently something that a man making great money to draw people into MT athletics doesn’t understand.

"We open up at James Madison, that's going to be a tough ball game, but I can't wait for it."

Truthfully the game is probably a toss up. A lot of unknowns with both teams having to replace key players. But we will have a stout defense and a QB with some experience, and that matters in a Week 1 game.

My concern is Stockstill's inability to have his teams ready to play on Week 1, especially on the road. We do not traditionally play well Week 1 under Stockstill. I'm not sure we've ever opened a season on the road and actually won. Last time we opened on the road was against Army in 2020...and we got destroyed 42-0.

And so I went back and looked. Our Blue Raiders have never won Week 1 when playing on the road under Coach Stock. Loss every time under Stockstill. The last time our Blue Raiders won on the road in week 1 was in 2004, @ Akron. I actually remember listening to that game on the freakin' radio. Josh Harris started at QB and played really well, but was still replaced by an old friend, Mr. Clint Marks (hope you are well my man), who guided us to a W up in Akron, OH.

Anyway, Stockstill's teams have never won on the road Week 1. That is very concerning to me when looking at this JMU game.
But we competed. 😂

‘06 FIU - 7-6
‘07 @ FAU - 14-27
‘08 @ Troy - 17-31
‘09 @ Clemson - 14-37
‘10 Minnesota- 17-24
‘11 @ Purdue - 24-27
‘12 McNeese St. - 21-27
‘13 W. Carolina - 45-24
‘14 Savannah St. - 61-7
‘15 Jackson St. - 70-14
‘16 Alabama A&M - 55-0
‘17 Vandy - 6-28
‘18 @ Vandy - 7-35
‘19 @ Michigan - 21-40
‘20 @ Army - 0-42
‘21 Monmouth - 50-15

6-10 in season openers of which 5 wins were FCS and/or HBCU’s and FIU was just barely breathing, McNeese St. snuck up on him in 2012.

Thanks, Wiley for raising these concerns. And I’m sure CM can’t wait. 👍

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
This is why Massaro and his PR team sucks. They could have announced a winner(s) and said “we will work with them to bring their designs to life”. Then allow the winners to have a voice in how their winning designs are altered to meet standards and the final product. Maybe post photos of the winners at some design table with Massaro, CRI & CNM.

Instead, Chris essentially had his group solicit ideas from fans, steal what they like, give no credit before saying they took elements, and then alter it to what Chris wants.

Yesterday, my boss and I presented a new process/innovation to our entire organization. We leaned heavily on the work of 2 people. The final product wasn’t exactly their idea, but we involved them and gave them credit by name multiple times for coming up with the idea. After, we had multiple people reach out to us saying they want to work for us because we support our staff.

That’s the difference. And it’s apparently something that a man making great money to draw people into MT athletics doesn’t understand.

Exactly. Recognize them at a game and give courtside passes. No it isn't season but show multiple fans that submitted entries you care and give them an experience they won't forget.

My company is the exact same way. We sometimes go out of our way to recognize contributors. As well as make an effort to involve everyone. It's how it should be.

I'm not gonna raise heck yet. I'll wait and see if they do anything. But if not......

But we competed. 😂

‘06 FIU - 7-6
‘07 @ FAU - 14-27
‘08 @ Troy - 17-31
‘09 @ Clemson - 14-37
‘10 Minnesota- 17-24
‘11 @ Purdue - 24-27
‘12 McNeese St. - 21-27
‘13 W. Carolina - 45-24
‘14 Savannah St. - 61-7
‘15 Jackson St. - 70-14
‘16 Alabama A&M - 55-0
‘17 Vandy - 6-28
‘18 @ Vandy - 7-35
‘19 @ Michigan - 21-40
‘20 @ Army - 0-42
‘21 Monmouth - 50-15

6-10 in season openers of which 5 wins were FCS and/or HBCU’s and FIU was just barely breathing, McNeese St. snuck up on him in 2012.

Wiki said CRS is 101-98. Is that right? For some reason I was thinking he hadn't won his 100th yet. Idk why.

What is his opponent record? ie against those finishing with winning records, against fcs, P5, non conference g5. Has anyone broken it down?

But we competed. 😂

‘06 FIU - 7-6
‘07 @ FAU - 14-27
‘08 @ Troy - 17-31
‘09 @ Clemson - 14-37
‘10 Minnesota- 17-24
‘11 @ Purdue - 24-27
‘12 McNeese St. - 21-27
‘13 W. Carolina - 45-24
‘14 Savannah St. - 61-7
‘15 Jackson St. - 70-14
‘16 Alabama A&M - 55-0
‘17 Vandy - 6-28
‘18 @ Vandy - 7-35
‘19 @ Michigan - 21-40
‘20 @ Army - 0-42
‘21 Monmouth - 50-15

6 of those 10 losses are P5 too. So we are 1-3 vs G5 teams in openers… oof.

I really like the top left one

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
6 of those 10 losses are P5 too. So we are 1-3 vs G5 teams in openers… oof.
Out of those, only Michigan and Clemson can be considered a world beater of a program, the rest are P5 in name only, At any rate those season opener losses are inexcusable, but even more inexcusable is his record against our two closest 'rivals' vandy (0-4) and wku (6 losses in last 7 games). Not only inexcusable but fireable IMHO. Love our players but absolutely despise our coach.

Reactions: MTTim
Was there in person for the Akron home opener. I would do anything to have a reason to travel to a MT home opener that far away these days.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT