ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL prized recruit no longer on campus

one comment off one of their boards:

...A buddy of mine said that Mitch is very socially awkward and had a few odd moments with his teammates. People have to drag him to meeting and workouts from his dorm. Nobody wants to call him out or discipline him because they are afraid he will bolt. Says that Mitch talks a lot about wanting to be at LSU, and the players think he can get away with whatever he wants, which they dont like....

http://scout.com/college/western-kentucky/Board/104580/Contents/Uh-ohMitch-105559128

Well, it looks like it is official, that cat is gone. I'm not exactly heartbroken since it's WKU, but it is sort of a bummer as C-USA could really use a boost from highly rated recruits.

WKU Releases 5 Star Signee

kids like this typically don't make it very far. I don't wish ill will on any kid but it wouldn't surprise me if he bounces around a few more times before he disappears off into obscurity

kids like this typically don't make it very far. I don't wish ill will on any kid but it wouldn't surprise me if he bounces around a few more times before he disappears off into obscurity

It seems a possibility. Then again, it could be a top flight talent arrived at what he was told would be one good situation with someone he highly respected at asst coach only to arrive and find the program in shambles and his respected asst coach already gone. Not too hard to see one of the most promising young players in the country try to make a move to improve his situation.

Sadly, it happens more often than most of us know that talented young people are in a poor unstructured and unsupportive environment that results in many a talented young adult upon finishing high school end up bouncing around a year or two only to eventually fade off into obscurity. I imagine the next couple of years will tell the tale of this highly talented young player who passed through WKU basketball for about a week.

ADVERTISEMENT