ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Premium scoop on recruiting

He may be a great player, however, this has been our recruiting history with CRS and we're sitting here at 2-6 and appear to be manhandled each and every game.

• Sad
Reactions: RaiderDeez
This isn't a knock on Mason because
A..I don't know anything about him
B..Lots of FCS players are FBS or NFL talent under the right coaching and system
C...these are only his first 10. Could easily gain more FBS or Power later

First...I'm glad to see us going after an in-state kid.
That being said, there has been a major issue with this staff. For years. IDK if it's that they don't try? Don't offer? Or what. Afraid of getting a no? Don't want to do the work to compete with other FBS schools? The back and forth and fight of it? I mean it easily takes almost constant contact this day in age. I mean this staff should be on a first name basis with every high school coach in the state and their assigned regions, but we all know they aren't.

I don't know what it is but not necessarily skill players, but for sure watching the trenches there is a major discrepancy in size and speed vs our opponents.

There's not a D1/FBS quality prospect that is from the state, who ends up signing to play who should not have a scholarship offer at some point from MT football, whether he ends up in the $ec or playing in the Sun Belt. Preferrably the very first offer ought to come from our coaches, but we know that would require effort and energy and that's why it doesn't happen. It's almost like they can't identify talent and potential until other coaches are already in on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT