ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Predict the UAB game score

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
I'm not sure how to view this game or how the Blue Raiders will deal with all that is stake. Besides being a must win, and any chance for a championship, it is Senior Day and the emotion that goes with that, added to this team's usual slow start. UAB may very well have enough fans to have an impact in the stadium. Las Vegas, and espn's predictor thinks UAB has the advantage.

I have watched enough MT football over the years to know under the current coach as well as previous regimes, senior day and a meaningful last regular season game seems to most of the time break my heart.

I've sensed at time something different about this squad and hopefully I'm right.

I say(hope) MT 38 uab 33

The challenge to me is they will know if Marshall beats FIU about the time the game starts....how will they respond if FIU wins? I have no idea.

We typically play very well the last game of the year at home. We whipped a good FIU team at home last year.

So I am going to say we win this one as well. We really have played good FB since the Georgia game.

MT 28
UAB 24

I hope they all collectively choose to not find out the FIU score, but yeah right. Either way, I think we want to win this one for the seniors.

MT - 35
UAB - 30

UAB 52
MT 17

UAB picks off Brent four times - 2 returned for touchdowns. Plus a fumble on a sack.

Knowing MT's luck, if FIU losses, so will we. I'm having a difficult time thinking MT will win this game and I'm having a difficult time thinking that there will be more than 10,000 people there.

UAB - 31
MT 24

Knowing MT's luck, if FIU losses, so will we. I'm having a difficult time thinking MT will win this game and I'm having a difficult time thinking that there will be more than 10,000 people there.

UAB - 31
MT 24

If FIU loses we are in the championship game. So, if FIU loses it might be better that we lose. I don't think we could beat them twice within a week's time. In that scenario UAB would host us instead of UAB coming back to the Boro.

Speaking of FIU. Never have I wanted to be more wrong than I was the day we played them...

I hate to say it, but the FIU game this year? Here's what it feels like to me...

The North Texas game in 2001
The Troy game in 2006
The Troy game in 2009
The Troy game in 2010
The Arkansas St game in 2012
The ECU game in 2013

What do all these games have in common? If you don't want to look it up...

Win those games and we win the conference or the C-USA eastern division. Caveat to the ECU game as Marshall technically won the east that year, but we actually beat Marshall and would have won the tiebreaker if not for the ECU loss. Regardless, there is always someone better than us. Even when we think we slayed the giant. Look up only to find out it was somebody else and most certainly not MT. This game feels a lot like that. This game feels like the game where FIU will supplant itself as the best team in the east ala North Texas in '01 or Troy on '09 no matter how good we thought we were.

Turns out had we beat FIU we would already have clinched the east regardless of what happens with UAB.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
1st half of the UK game, I thought that UAB would beat the crap out of us. After the second half of the UK game, I like our chances. Mobley is the key. He ran over a pretty good UK DL.

FIU got skulldragged by FAU and narrowly escaped Charlotte. Marshall with their starting QB will beat em to sleep.

1st half of the UK game, I thought that UAB would beat the crap out of us. After the second half of the UK game, I like our chances. Mobley is the key. He ran over a pretty good UK DL.

That's what worries me. How many times have we had something be successful and then not come near doing it again the next week?

I think it will be lower scoring. I think our defense will shut them down but their defense will score on us. We still pull it out.

MT 20
UAB 17

This is a game I've been worried about the whole year. Starting QB is out, down the 3rd string center. I'm interested to see how the Blazers' perform.

Reactions: MTBig Blue
Does anybody else feel like we will win if FIU wins? Meaning we win and it means nothing. If Marshall wins I would expect a loss. Why do you ask???? Because its Middle Tennessee.

Reactions: C-Bow
What? I call BS on that. The west is won. It's all on the line for us.

They are playing to host the championship game. I think it would be huge disappointment to destroy the West and then lose the last game and have to play the CG on the road. I think they have a lot to play for.

Yeah, but they are in it no matter what. We will be playing still not knowing. We have to win to erase doubt and not be a tie if Marshall wins. It's senior day too. We will be highly motivated. UAB is walking into a place they have yet to beat us in so we'll see. Clark last coached here in 2014.

Reactions: MarJac23
Yeah, but they are in it no matter what. We will be playing still not knowing. We have to win to erase doubt and not be a tie if Marshall wins. It's senior day too. We will be highly motivated. UAB is walking into a place they have yet to beat us in so we'll see. Clark last coached here in 2014.

Our game can only impact if we host the championship. If Marshall beats FIU, we own the three way tiebreaker. That game is before ours, so worst case scenario for us is that FIU holds serve, and we come out deflated because we know we lost the East. Our fate is not in our hands. Whereas if we had beaten FIU we'd have the East sealed and there would be a guaranteed replay of the MT UAB match up next week on whichever campus wins the game this week.

I thought I replied to this earlier but apparently not. If Stock stays healthy we win. We have a defense that will get it done.

MT31 UAB 26. We hold them from getting into the endzone at the end of the game. See you at the game. Fingers crossed. I am so excited!!!

Our game can only impact if we host the championship. If Marshall beats FIU, we own the three way tiebreaker. That game is before ours, so worst case scenario for us is that FIU holds serve, and we come out deflated because we know we lost the East. Our fate is not in our hands. Whereas if we had beaten FIU we'd have the East sealed and there would be a guaranteed replay of the MT UAB match up next week on whichever campus wins the game this week.

Well, I'll be there with some buddies to hopefully watch us get it done. Go Blue and go Marshall!

ADVERTISEMENT