ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Post-season Options

Really glad the team gets to play in the post-season. One more week of work for the younger players and a chance to extend the careers of Dishman, Sims, and hopefully Jefferson. I think we deserved NIT but it is what it is. (I do wonder if we had been in the NIT along with VU and Belmont what the bracket would have looked like - If Belmont had made the NCAA no doubt we would be playing on West End tomorrow night and I'm not so sure how I feel about that)

It really frustrates me the both third tier tournaments are now exclusively %$&-major schools. IIRC one of the two tournaments always has been for mid-majors but one had a mix of power and mid-major programs. IMHO one primary way for a school like MT to grow the program is to play and have success against power conference teams.

I wish we were in a tournament which allowed home games and that all games are televised through usual (and free) platforms. POed that 99+% fans of teams will get to see their games without downloading an app and paying a fee. I did pay the monthly fee for the Cancun Challenge early this year and from what I remember production values were satisfactory. Haven't made a decision yet on this tournament's first two (hopefully) games.

What’s a flo network? This is the only flo I know about.

flo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MTLynn and MT Glenn
Really glad the team gets to play in the post-season. One more week of work for the younger players and a chance to extend the careers of Dishman, Sims, and hopefully Jefferson. I think we deserved NIT but it is what it is. (I do wonder if we had been in the NIT along with VU and Belmont what the bracket would have looked like - If Belmont had made the NCAA no doubt we would be playing on West End tomorrow night and I'm not so sure how I feel about that)

It really frustrates me the both third tier tournaments are now exclusively %$&-major schools. IIRC one of the two tournaments always has been for mid-majors but one had a mix of power and mid-major programs. IMHO one primary way for a school like MT to grow the program is to play and have success against power conference teams.

I wish we were in a tournament which allowed home games and that all games are televised through usual (and free) platforms. POed that 99+% fans of teams will get to see their games without downloading an app and paying a fee. I did pay the monthly fee for the Cancun Challenge early this year and from what I remember production values were satisfactory. Haven't made a decision yet on this tournament's first two (hopefully) games.

Says Dishman is a junior on GoBlueRaiders so looks like he might have another year ?

Is anyone else bothered that we are relegated to playing an obscure Calif. Baptist school in a tournament who’s primary sponsor is a mail order supplier of erectile dysfunction pills??? 😂

Can’t make this stuff up. 😂
Lord knows what the trophies will look like.

CBI_2019_shield.png
I've seen their commercials but had not made the connection - D--n, just D--n

Is anyone else bothered that we are relegated to playing an obscure Calif. Baptist school in a tournament who’s primary sponsor is a mail order supplier of erectile dysfunction pills??? 😂

Can’t make this stuff up. 😂
Lord knows what the trophies will look like.

CBI_2019_shield.png
I just hope if we win this thing none of our guys kisses the trophy.

1. Glad the guys don't have to go out on that gut-wrencher in Frisco.

2. Any postseason play like this is likely a boost for a young ascendant team. It can be a good springboard for bigger things in the next couple of years. Sure the NIT would have been more preferable, but Jefferson out with two losses to close out regular season likely the culprit.

3. Speaking of Jefferson, does anyone know if he'll be a go for the CBI?

Hopefully they last longer than the last two trips to the CBI.
There is no reason we shouldn’t win this game.

CBI has only 1 quad 2 win and only 1 quad 3 win. They basically beat a ton of teams that were dreadful and had one ok win and one meh win.

That said, we have proven ourselves able to lose when the odds were completely for us.

Future cusa member nmsu knocked off uconn.
Jax state against auburn tomorrow.
New cusa going to be a good basketball league.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT