ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL One thing we should not do

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
Is be critical of the players. They were offered, accepted and signed by this staff. Any young man who wears the school jersey deserves this as long as they live up to conditions set forth in their grant in aid.

Lesser (or lack of) physical abilities when compared to their opponents is again a reflection of the Coaches and staff. They (coaches) are seasoned professionals who’s job and compensation is to attract and develop them. Terms like Defense, offense, special team, non specific positions are fair game.
Coaches, admins (i.e. SID, Marketing, AD and President are fair game.

They (the players) are somebody’s kid or grandkid.
Again, just my two cents and I’m pointing the finger at myself but I’ll try to do better as well.

Last edited:
Totally agreed. Not the kids' faults that they are playing a different position than what they were recruited for, and therefore significantly undersized for or at risk for injury due to the weight their body can't handle.

I'll always pull for my school and its students. Doesn't mean I have to pull for who is leading them.

Here's the thing. We have the players to win with. We really do. Plenty of talent on the squad. The coaching is absolutely abysmal. The position coaches are horrible. Geep Wade was the last OL coach we had that was any good. When he took off, our OL went to hell. Same goes for when Watts left. TF needs to be shown the door. We really need every coach gone. It's a bros club right now and it's not good.

ADVERTISEMENT