ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING one down

said this elsewhere, with the transfer Green and Johnson, it is not that big an impact for this coming season. Of the three recruits, though many of us thought he might be the most talented, his defection, is the least impactful that any of the three could have, IMHO.

Reactions: Hop45
I definitely agree that Buffen and Curry are the most important moving forward. Good bigs are always the hardest to get.

Well, crap - and that's not close to what I want to say.

You don't want someone who doesn't want to play for you but I wish, if he wanted to re-open his recruitment, that McDevitt had to make enough of an impression for the recruit to say he wasn't completely eliminating MT from consideration during the re-recruitment.

As for restrictions, no school on the upcoming schedule. IIRC that's normal and customary.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
If he wants to be re-recruited he needs to go juco or prep school route. He is signed and I wouldn't release him. He stated he fell in love with the school and area, so what's the deal. If they release him with no restrictions Massaro needs to be fired. I wouldn't release him at all.

This is going to embolden the other 2 to ask for their release now. We are likely going to lose all 3 now. Wonderful.

Best class we've ever signed and even after signing them, we don't get to keep them. Sounds very Middle Tennessee.....

If Fagan ends up at Ole Miss, #1 - Fire Massaro, #2 - It's clear Hamilton has been snaking hard and has been in his Mom's ear.

Worth noting I don't think he's closing the door on MT so to speak. He's leaving that avenue open. Although it's rare that the original school re-lands the defector...

Worth noting I don't think he's closing the door on MT so to speak. He's leaving that avenue open. Although it's rare that the original school re-lands the defector...

He's just trying to be nice. He knows exactly where he is going. You don't ask for a release this late in the process without a firm plan. At least you don't if you have any brains.....

And I'm totally on board with not granting the release. If he fractured his femur after signing with us, would we have bailed on him? Nope. We would have honored the SIGNED CONTRACT despite the extenuating circumstances.

If he wants to go somewhere else, fine. But he isn't going to be on a D1 Roster this upcoming season if I'm the Athletic Director. He can go play JUCO ball for a year or sit out for all I care.

Could it be he likes the new UGA coach better than Fox. IIRC he spurned a Dogs offer for MT.

I understand the desire to place restrictions on him or outright deny the release. There is a balancing act here of making sure not to do anything that would hurt our standing with future prospects that we are recruiting, but also looking out for our own best interests.

I certainly don't want to see Fagan at Ole Miss or another C-USA school. Interested to see what McDevitt and Massaro's official response is. Regardless, this is a natural part of a coaching transition. One recruit will not make us or break us over the long haul of CNM's tenure.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
How do we salvage this class? I’m over these guys if they come good if not f it. I want kids like Sims that want to be here!

We will sign kids that aren't as good who had less offers (or no offers) so that we have bodies.

I say we stay on them hard. These kids need to be convinced that they are walking into a good position HERE! I really like our new coach and I think these young men will love him too if he stays on them. If they stick with MT they will have a great opportunity for NCAA tournament visits and national rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT